View Full Version : Main Hand dagger enchants

Mistoria
26-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Any views on what enchant to use for a main hand dagger?
i previously used a heartseeker with crusader, it proc'd a lot but i recently got the gutgore ripper and i don't know whether to get crusader or +5 dmg on it :S

anyone know someone that can enchant +5 on 1h?

dantheman
26-01-2006, 11:02 AM
AGI +15?

Ashborn
26-01-2006, 11:05 AM
IANAR (I am not a rogue) but personally I'd get +5dmg on a mainhand dagger any day of the week. Crusader for pve maybe, but if you do any pvp at all you'll want the burst at the start of the fight, and you won't have crusader up when you land that first ambush.

From a pure statistical perspective, crusader is worth having over +5dmg on a heartseeker if it's up for over two fifths of any given fight.

Ashborn
26-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Also, Dan, you're a nubbin. Never get agi on a mainhand dagger, ever. That's just plain stupid.

Turiel
26-01-2006, 11:24 AM
+5 damage on mainhand and +15 agi on offhand :)

Mistoria
26-01-2006, 11:52 AM
i'll try +5 then, can anyone point me to a skilled enchanter? i got the mats :)

Hongten
26-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Also, Dan, you're a nubbin. Never get agi on a mainhand dagger, ever. That's just plain stupid.

Can't agree. It really depends from the build of rogue. If you are using Seal Fate Build it will be better 2 use +15agi on both daggers just because you will get +0.5chance 2 crit(from each dagger). That really the main idea of SF buld.

Ashborn
26-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Assume a 1.8 speed dagger. +5 dam on that is 39 ap for the mainhander, slightly more for ambush/backstab purposes. 15 agi is 15 ap and half a percent of crit. that's half a percent of crit vs 24 ap, altho +5dam obviously doesn't affect the offhander. Any rogue that thinks one percent of crit equals 48 attack power should have their head examined. +5 damage is superior for any build, even seal fate. Crit isn't everything. Now with swords it's a different matter, since +5dam gets worse with slower weapons.

Harshak
26-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Can't agree. It really depends from the build of rogue. If you are using Seal Fate Build it will be better 2 use +15agi on both daggers just because you will get +0.5chance 2 crit(from each dagger). That really the main idea of SF buld.

No...If youre stacking crit gear as a dagger rogue, youre a fool, as you'll most likely have around 60% crit on your main source of attack(BS, 30% base, 30% from talents) so getting another + 0.5% crit is silly.

Also the +5dmg in added to the basedmg of the dagger, so its multiplied by the +150%dmg from BS.(180% with talents)

Conclusion:
5dmg MH, 15agi Off

Ashborn
26-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Also the +5dmg in added to the basedmg of the dagger, so its multiplied by the +150%dmg from BS.(180% with talents)
Damn, never even realized that. +5dam > all then.

Gelodina
26-01-2006, 12:18 PM
CRUSADOR! ZOMG WTFBBQ PNWZOR!

Mistoria
26-01-2006, 12:21 PM
CRUSADOR! ZOMG WTFBBQ PNWZOR!

you make a persuasive argument!

Gelodina
26-01-2006, 12:24 PM
nah, just posted one of the enchnats i (STILL!!!eleven!1one!) dont have, just for the sake of moaning.

Harshak
26-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Gelo is probably the worst rogue ever to enter WoW. I encourage you, if you ever see Izis anywhere in the world of Azeroth, feel free to:

/point
/laugh

Kek
26-01-2006, 12:49 PM
It all depends on your playing style and main purpose of your character.

1. I would take dual lifestealing enchant for any type of a sword rogue.
2. Dagger rogue:
- For PvE mostly playing rogue i would select 5dmg/15agi
- For mass PvP (Battlegrounds) rogue i would prefer lifesteal/15 agility
- For those SEAL FATE rogues, who like 1x1 outdoor fights or duels or ganking in the opposite faction's towns or in BRM, i would take dual 15 agility enchant.

I am that last type of a rogue, and i am ready to comment my dual 15 agility choice. The reason is simple: when fighting a single player target, critical strike with ability is all i need. I might sacrifice even decent amount of damage just to get this nice 2nd combopoint, which will
- prolong my kidney shot
- prolong and increase damage of my rupture
- will guarantee death of the target when i feel it is time to coldblood/eviscerate.
Yes, i will deal a bit less damage, but 1 more fight will be performed brightly with that gouge or backstab which critted for God's sake and gave me that nice additional combo-point to finish off the target.

That's just my opinion, of course.

Ailith
26-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Lifestealing ftw! The proc sucks but the purple glow is teh sex!

Ashborn
26-01-2006, 02:49 PM
*crap cut*
These in particular crack me up.

Harshak
26-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Dual life steal for a sword rogue? oh dear god...

Egminos
26-01-2006, 03:03 PM
unholy, i say!

Chonar
26-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Double Frost enchant!

Chopper
26-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Demonsalying has teh best gowl!

Chonar
26-01-2006, 03:35 PM
How about double Elemental Slaying for MAD FARMING ACTION.

Locowar
26-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Lifesteal on eskhandards = teh sex

Mistoria
26-01-2006, 04:02 PM
i'm sorry to tell you all this, but gutgore has that black smokey stuff so it won't show teh gowl!

why don't i just go sword and get '+scarlet goon slaying' enchant and go live in TH :D

i've decided anyways..... +5 on 1h if anyone owns up to being able to do the enchant...

Turiel
26-01-2006, 06:05 PM
I got mine from Fyz (SoTF). I believe Hal (MCO) can do it too.

Kek
27-01-2006, 06:22 AM
*crap cut*
These in particular crack me up.Ashen, you'd better review your playing issues, i suppose. If you cannot imagine the situation where to use rupture, it's just your little problem.
I never use standard tactics against different classes, i use my fantasy always. And believe me, there's a nice place for rupture at PvP servers.
It is your right to tease or not, but my damn tremendous experience in PvP with a rogue (starting from early US betas) provides me with a right to have an opinion, which is worth being taken into account at least ;).

And it makes me smile, when being almost unbeatable at one of the craziest PvP servers, my thoughts are called "crap". Relax and take a deep breath. Wannabies are not as cool as you could think they are ;).

Drauk
27-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Dice, bring your e-peen measurement somewhere else pls.

Zal
27-01-2006, 08:46 AM
I got my +5dmg from Coercion (CoI) :wink:

Hongten
27-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Dice, bring your e-peen measurement somewhere else pls.
Relax, he just told his opinion. It doesn't matter where at russian forums or here.

/chicken ? :lol:

dantheman
27-01-2006, 08:58 AM

In a bad mood today are we?

Notice I put the question mark when I said +15 AGI as it was merely a suggestion. As well as the fact that I see half the rogues on ther server with +15 on both.
Sorry for making such a stupid comment. :P

AnteroVipune
27-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Ashen is always on a bad mood.

Anyways. Take it from the best looking rouge on the server (me), +5 Mainhand, 15 agi off.

I personally have used dual lifestealing, crusader + lifestealing, 2x agility and +5 + agi combo. IMO lifestealing and crusader don't procc enough. 2x agility is nice, but only if you use dual swords. +5dam on mainhander really does make a noticable differense. Only enchant worth getting on mainhand imo.

Kek
27-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Dice, bring your e-peen measurement somewhere else pls. Was it?
I just got used to polite and constructive conversation, nothing like "crap cut".
Anyway, you got your opinion, i have mine, and i have expressed it. Is it bad? Or all people here on this forum should have Ashen's opinion? Pretty strange.

And besides, you skipped the fact that i was talking about PvP server. There are some differences, many of you know it.
Crit in SF build is an I-WIN button. Extra damage is pleasant, but extra crit is essencial.

Drauk
27-01-2006, 11:32 AM
I just got used to polite and constructive conversation, nothing like "crap cut".Anyway, you got your opinion, i have mine. Is it bad? Or all people here on this forum should have Ashen's opinion? Pretty strange.

Your opinion is fine, braggin about being best of teh best on Warsong isn't.

Kek
27-01-2006, 11:42 AM
I just got used to polite and constructive conversation, nothing like "crap cut".Anyway, you got your opinion, i have mine. Is it bad? Or all people here on this forum should have Ashen's opinion? Pretty strange.

Your opinion is fine, braggin about being best of teh best on Warsong isn't. I'm not da best of da best, and i didnt say that. One of the best rogues? Damn, usually ppl consider it not modest to say that, but... yes. Not my opinion, but the opinion of my nice opponents, whom we discuss PvP matter many times on forums and in mIRC with. Why not?

Anyway, such agressive reaction was , first of all, for "crap" = my post; second - for Ashen's ignorance about rupture; and third - tastes differ: the gap in damage between 15/15 and 5/15 is so small, it is all up to you to; you won't have tremendous boost chosing one of these enchants instead of another.

I know how to get use out of little extra crit; if Ashen knows how to get use out of little extra damage in PvP - he is welcome.

Gelodina
27-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Gelo is probably the worst rogue ever to enter WoW. I encourage you, if you ever see Izis anywhere in the world of Azeroth, feel free to:

/point
/laugh

i hate you. and im fairly decend imho..just because my mainhand is shit doesnt mean i am.

Zal
27-01-2006, 12:03 PM
+5dam on mainhander really does make a noticable differense. Only enchant worth getting on mainhand imo.

Idd +5dmg, especially if you got a dagger build like 31/8/12 (or something like it), then you got enough crit from talents (oportunity/imp backstab) to crit often so 2x15agi would be overkill. :wink:

Ashborn
27-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Eh Dan, you should know not to take me too seriously. While my wording may have been harsh, my intent was not.

dantheman
27-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Eh Dan, you should know not to take me too seriously. While my wording may have been harsh, my intent was not.

Aye I sorta realised that afterwards, was tired and in a bad mood mate :)

takfiri
28-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Anyways. Take it from the best looking rouge on the server (me) [snipped]
You, sir, are no troll.

dividead
29-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Anyways. Take it from the best looking rouge on the server (me) [snipped]
You, sir, are no troll.

trolls r sexiest class ;)

AnteroVipune
29-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Lies!!!

chaoshammer
29-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Where did you get your signature/ poster thingy?

AnteroVipune
29-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Friendly neighbourhood priest made it.

chaoshammer
29-01-2006, 08:39 PM
That helps....

Mischief
30-01-2006, 08:58 AM
The only reason for religion is to conquer the fear the death.
I thought the purpose of religion was to control the proletariat through fear.

Chimera
30-01-2006, 10:14 AM
I believe Hal (MCO) can do it too.

Hal is no more im afraid.

Hurtgen
01-11-2006, 04:40 AM
im with ashen, about the +dmg on MH, and agi on OH.

before u point it out, if u see me around i hav my MH dagger with +agi, but its a one hand weapon, and im waiting for my Main Hand Only dagger to come along, then it will move to OH. i wouldnt get crusader on a rogue at all, after thinking about it. poss duel for pvp with duel daggers. definatly not for pve.... im thinking along the lines of, all of a sudden ure strength rises by 100, and ure fightin a boss, ure doing ure thing, building up combos, and gettin ready to evis or sumfin, and boom, crusader procs, on the attack that gives u ure 5th combo, u evis, u do uber dammage, get aggro off tank, and die. its the point that u sorta loose control of how much damage u do, i know thats why we have feint, but even still. in the right circumstances, u could easily pull aggro and kill yourself.

its just a thought.

Respetite1
01-11-2006, 05:38 AM
I'd say +5 damage on main hand,for the higher backstab/ambush damage,and either crusader or agility on off hand.(or even 15 strength if you are lacking in AP) if that is possible..

Metrix
01-11-2006, 06:08 AM
I'm pure PvE rogue, and I have Crusader on my MH dagger. Actually, most of our rogues have it. I never had significant aggro problems, even though I tend to stack Crus proc with SnD, BF and AR.

If you feel that you can get aggro, don't use Evis as a finisher. And if you're typical PvE rogue (15/31/5), you will only have spare combo points for it once every 5 minutes, and you can use them for Rupture.

Faylin
01-11-2006, 08:04 AM
I'd say +5 damage on main hand,for the higher backstab/ambush damage,and either crusader or agility on off hand.(or even 15 strength if you are lacking in AP) if that is possible..

I sure hope you don't have a rogue.

15 agi = 15 ap + some crit (about 0,5% I think)
15 str = 15 ap

Soooooo... rogues don't ever, ever want strength above agi.

Krazur
01-11-2006, 01:58 PM

I sure hope you don't have a rogue.

15 agi = 15 ap + some crit (about 0,5% I think)
15 str = 15 ap

Soooooo... rogues don't ever, ever want strength above agi.

+15 agi = 15 AP + 0.5 crit (a tiny bit more then that, more like 0.52 or something) and, NOT TO FORGET, just a bit over 1% dodge! Can be important... if you like to tank mobs...

15 strenght for attackpower wont be worth it, ever.

Agility / Stamina > Strenght. Always.

K~

Gumdrops
01-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Dead thread anyone?

Chopper
01-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Undead thread.

Feeds on brains and stuff.