View Full Version : LF Raid group

LightSide
24-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. As the title would suggest I'm looking for a raiding group. My guilds comfortably working it's way through ZG and will undoubtably start on AQ 20 when we've got the chance. But due to a class deficit we can't go for MC and the such. And as I'm happy enough in RD, I don't particularly want to leave.
So here I am, in the forums for the fun happy people of Shadowsong asking if there's a raiding group out there ailing for a prot warrior.

I'm 14/0/37 with 394 defence skill and 7150 armour unbuffed.

Thanks in advance :D

Proterra
24-01-2006, 11:04 PM
LFG Blackwing Lair, i r healerdin and i can hela ovber 500 at 1 time cuz i 4tog to bi my spellz lol

Karlsens
25-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Sentinels are closed for warriors i can tell you ^^

We got like 10 or something O_o

Chimera
25-01-2006, 08:16 PM
MCO are not currently actively recruiting warriors but sending your application couldnt hurt for future reference. Visit www.moltencore.org for details.

sara
25-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Why do people persist in playing classes that are over-subscribed?

Apparently there are twice as many warriors, paladins and hunters compared to warlocks (http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=388&factionid=3&minlevel=60&maxlevel=60&servertypeid=1)

I'm genuinely curious (I'm not intending this as a direct flame against you), you play a class which has too many people and then wonder why you find it hard to do raid stuff (which requires class balance).

Magefist
25-01-2006, 11:01 PM
*Some of us* play the class we originally rolled all the way to 60. Now I'm not Lightside, (infact I'm possibly darkside :() so personally maybe I would of looked twice at warlock/mage differences had I known there were twice as many mages compared to 'locks.

But I don't think there was a new WoW player on earth who checked Warcraftrealms.com minlevel=60maxlevel=60 and saw "ah, warlocks are underplayed. I'll spend the next X amount of hours levelling one of them".

As for why one doesn't just reroll... uh... maybe it's just me, but the thought of playing another character for 60 levels isn't something I'd simply do because that class is underplayed.

This post lacks both witty comments and lame jokes. zomg liek lol tis isnt funnay!!!111one

zendog
26-01-2006, 12:12 AM
I agree completely magefist. My druid was the char I first rolled and only char I have levelled above L25, I was lucky that it is an underplayed class!

Chimera
26-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Same, Played this char from the very morning the servers went live, don't intend to change either.

Good were the days when there would be no more than 5 level 60 warlocks online at any one time and seeing a second in a PuG was more or less unheard of. First dibs on Dreadmist (which i thought good at the time0_o) ftw.

Cassina
26-01-2006, 12:28 AM
You think warrior is bad?
Try playing shaman, thanks to the constant "NERF!" posts in the official forum everyone wants to play shaman, even though we are really a weak class compared to hunter or druid.

Jarelan
26-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Warriors aren't necessarily over subscribed though, when I joined SotF there were 3 active warriors so they took 3 of us on trial.

Zulamun
26-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Jarelan, they are on horde , trust me :P
And recently there's been a horde (mehehe) of new hunters as well, same goes for priests actually.... it's a strange world

takfiri
26-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Huge difference between good and crap players, too.

Take it from me, with all those millions of rogues around, it's hard to pick out the high-dps, low-maintenance ones;)

Same with warriors... some just have a gift.

pegastud
26-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Jarelan, they are on horde , trust me :P
And recently there's been a horde (mehehe) of new hunters as well, same goes for priests actually.... it's a strange world

yes :'(

On the hunter thingie = there are more hunters nowadays, but on the other hand most raidgroups take more hunters with them if you compare it to a few months ago. Since after the 1.6 love hunters suddenly were the best dmg dealers. (Certainly when you add the amount of healing they need , the risk they pull aggro , ...)

And that bothers me. Since now I actually have to spend more then the minimum dkp on items :'(

LightSide
26-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Why do people persist in playing classes that are over-subscribed?...

...I'm genuinely curious (I'm not intending this as a direct flame against you), you play a class which has too many people and then wonder why you find it hard to do raid stuff (which requires class balance).

I persist because I've been playing the class for nine months, and despite playing on my many alts, none give quite the satisfaction that a warrior does (for me anyway). As for wondering why, I know full well that my guild needs warlocks in order to do high-end 40-man dungeons, and that the lack of them is hindering our progress. However for the time being I wanted to join a group that didn't suffer from the same problem.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies :D