View Full Version : OOC Res to be removed

Cassina
17-01-2006, 11:10 AM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons&t=307970&s=blizzard&tmp=1#blizzard

captpicard
17-01-2006, 11:48 AM
In that case Xed will be my official totem bitch yay!

Sloth
17-01-2006, 06:31 PM
no real problems here, we dont need it anymore in MC and you cant use it in BWL anyway, will provide a challenge in some situations tho

takfiri
17-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Only used a standby shammy for first month or so... until Xed started yelling 'someone die ffs' too often.

Chonar
18-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Only used a standby shammy for first month or so... until Xed started yelling 'someone die ffs' too often.

Oh ho ho.

Trupiaczacha
18-01-2006, 03:12 AM

he :P arko, hosh, tosh, red u just cant die :)

captpicard
18-01-2006, 08:23 AM

:cry: :( :? :cry:

Proterra
18-01-2006, 09:46 AM

:cry: :( :? :cry:

its okay capt he didnt list you because your so imba we all work tirelessly to keep you up =) /lick

Uxon
18-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Oh well, OOC was only ever much good for learning new fights anyway. :)

XeD
18-01-2006, 12:00 PM
finally no more whining for me to be ooc
finally i can start pu tting out the damage this shaman was born foor!!

now plz don't let me heal on Vael and i'm a happy shaman :D 2.5k lb's for the win :D

captpicard
18-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Sure Xed, just be carefull with the Lightning shield 'hahaha'

Zulamun
18-01-2006, 04:46 PM

Muahhaha those were funny days ^^

I smell ninja-afks ;)

Lothereon
18-01-2006, 05:33 PM
This means our Pallies will have to do something now ¬_¬

Harr
18-01-2006, 08:28 PM
This means our Pallies will have to do something now ¬_¬

Aren't your pallies busy cleansing (and maybe buffing) ?

Lothereon
19-01-2006, 01:35 PM
nah, 15minute buffs makes buffing easier, the only fights we lefted an OOC rezer for usually didn't have cleansing duties.

Egminos
19-01-2006, 03:34 PM
imo, removing OOC ressing isn't a bad thing. it will keep people on the edge and make fights more interesting again.

sara
19-01-2006, 06:18 PM
imo, removing OOC ressing isn't a bad thing. it will keep people on the edge and make fights more interesting again.

This is a really ignorant attitude to take, you are in CoI, a guild that is now farming BWL, MC is not supposed to be interesting (read difficult) for guilds who can do that, and OOC res is only an issue in MC. You may disagree with the necessity of using OOC but not with this argument.

I personally think that OOC is perfectly reasonable when a raid is just starting, this is because deaths can only really be avoided once your raid starts getting epic gear.

Killing bosses is the only way to get your sets, and killing more bosses per week gears everyone up faster.

Geddon is an artificial roadblock: people who get the bomb will die if they don't have enough health, there's no way to avoid it and the only way to get more health without gimping your other stats is to get epic gear.

I can remember being one-shotted by the bomb, let alone the fall damage. Once I collected some epic gear I stopped dying every time, which meant that OOC wasn't needed for me any more. It would actually be worse to start now, because you need to spend so much more mana on dispelling the mana burn debuff.

Every person who dies that can't be brought back lowers the performance of your raid, and therefore either shortens the time that you can keep the MT up and Geddon from marauding (if a healer dies), or lengthens the fight which means more people will suffer from the bomb (if dps dies), repeat until Geddon, or (more likely) your raid dies.

After a couple of weeks of failed attempts your raid will get better at dealing with Geddon, but you will also be collecting epic gear which makes the fight much easier at the same time. Taken together, Geddon becomes easy, but I think that it's unlikely that a raid with the best non-MC gear could win without OOC (anyone want to level up a MC raid of alts and try it?)

Kabhanda
19-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Sara, that is bollocks, OOC was possible in most of BWL untill this fix, it affects everyone.

When we first did MC we didnt use OOC ressers, and we were all in top end blues, it WAS NOT hard.

Khalam
19-01-2006, 09:48 PM
PW:S + exploding near a wall = no death. Even on 3,2k buffed hp.

Egminos
20-01-2006, 01:11 AM
sorry if i sounded arrogant. What i mean is that OOC ressing is, in my opinion, a "cheat" to make a fight easier. Yes, you need gear from early MC bosses to kill the later MC bosses, but you don'T need OOC ressing.

Turiel
20-01-2006, 11:49 AM
It's not true about it just being MC (actually, I didn't even know it was any use in MC).. we used it extensively on Firemaw in BWL up till recently, and tbh it feels cheap. And Khalam is right, PW:S someone and its all good for Geddon.

Cassina
07-02-2006, 02:09 PM
FYI from maintenance this week with the new patch, it will be "removed":
http://forums.curse-gaming.com/showthread.php?t=5997

mynion
07-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Geddon is an artificial roadblock: people who get the bomb will die if they don't have enough health, there's no way to avoid it and the only way to get more health without gimping your other stats is to get epic gear.

Power word shield the bomb. Try and get their health up high before they go boom. Going boom near a wall can help. Also remember your light feathers :)

sara
07-02-2006, 05:45 PM
PW:S is hardly mana efficient, and using a wall to avoid getting thrown up in the air strikes me as a geometry exploit.

I think alliance people forget that they have extra healers who can dispel (taking some of the load off of the priests) who can also remove the bomb from themselves....

Anyway, it looks like it's gonna happen regardless and no amount of bitching about it here is gonna get it undone.

Velkraith
08-02-2006, 12:36 AM
i was quite worried about this wen i first heard about it, as our raiding group used OOC ressing as well it helps.

but now that we are more used to encounters and have noticed things to help you out it totally isnt needed.

tactics on boss fights are alot more important than OOC ressing, literally you should only need a couple of in combat rezes to get thru raids.

Chonar
08-02-2006, 08:22 AM
YOU ARE TEH BOMB!
*ching*
Shield Wall wins.

Psonica
08-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Only weak classes have problems with being the bomb ... us stamina packed warlocks just laugh and blow up (and we use some inferior creature's soul to heal ourselves in the process) :)

evil ftw!

Chimera
08-02-2006, 10:44 AM
OOC isn't needed even in the learning phases of MC and neither is epic gear to avoid deaths. Its certainly a huge fucking help but if you`ve got 40men in high end blues they`ll have no problems avoiding and real amount of deaths on more or less all the bosses. And PWS may not be mana efficient but neither is having to heal 10 or so seconds longer because your DPS died or having to do it again because a healer died.

If everyone that gets the bomb is dying, you need to revise your tactic in all honesty.

sara
08-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I didn't say that they were still dying, just that: for a starting horde raid group who have not gained much epic gear, OOC res renders the barely-possible possible.

Geddon is a fight that requires all mana users to be dispelled, on a regular basis. It also requires that anyone who has the bomb is shielded. For horde raid groups both of these roles can only be performed by priests.

Edit:
And as I said, PW:S is hardly a cheap spell, and dispel was just made more expensive to boot...

Kabhanda
08-02-2006, 03:51 PM
In which case you have the priests only doing that, and have shammies and druids doing the healing, it aint hard, stop trying to claim it is.