View Full Version : Ahn'Qiraj; The Scepter - Red Shard Complete!

Chonar
17-01-2006, 12:17 AM
The first of the three dragonflights' scepter shards is collected. Held by Vaelastrasz inside Blackwing Lair, it had fallen in Nefarian's hands and he threatened to destroy it within 5 hours. Taunting us on our ascend to confront him, he was getting closer and closer to the inevitable destruction of the shard, finding flaws and weaknesses in its' structure.

We stormed our way through Blackwing Lair, crashing down the gates and slaughtering the guards. Finally the confrontation came.

We destroyed Nefarian. And cleared Blackwing Lair without wiping once, in 2 hours 53 minutes.

After the storm had passed, we were stunned. And we celebrated. And we were quite, quite proud. 8) The first scepter shard is reclaimed. 2 more to go.

Tsarina
17-01-2006, 12:42 AM
We destroyed Nefarian. And cleared Blackwing Lair without wiping once, in 2 hours 53 minutes.

I haven't been in BWL since I tried to 3 man it with Turiel and Ashen (some pretty good attempts too. Wiped quick the first time, but showed great improvement and nearly had whateverdragonthingy we fought the second), but judging by the response to this quest by other guilds on other servers, that is impressive. So grats.

Riped
17-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Congrats!

Cassina
17-01-2006, 01:07 AM

Bloody hell, good job.

Gaeline
17-01-2006, 06:17 AM
I bow my head to you. :D

Limbo
17-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Great job CoI, when you coming to UC? :wink:

Chonar
17-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Great job CoI, when you coming to UC? :wink:

Already done. See the PVP forum. :P

Limbo
17-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Bah just seen, was coming back to edit...damn you :lol:

Riped
17-01-2006, 10:13 AM
We'd like to see you there more often. Outdoor pvp > BGs :D

Ruargh
17-01-2006, 12:50 PM
elexin this calls for more useless brackets! :P

CG :)

Ogrosh
17-01-2006, 12:53 PM
So where do you get the other 2 scepter shards from:?:

RedPower
17-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Check www.fohguild.org. Guild that has the scepter complete and posted all the info they got online, also check the archive.

Chonar
17-01-2006, 03:35 PM
So where do you get the other 2 scepter shards from:?:

Blue shard: Gather pages of "Draconic for Dummies" from all across the world (inc. Undercity), kill Lord Makmaeran and his kids to get a "Giant 500pound chicken" and kill trashmobs in Molten Core for some gnome-goggles... Then gather a shiatload of expensive materials (Arcanite, Elementium Ore), and kill a giant shark in Azshara named MAWS.

Green shard: Gather Nightmare Fractions from the 4 Emerald Dream portals across the world... 3 from trash mobs, 1 from "Twilight Corrupter", a raid-boss which spawns in Duskwood if someone with the quest is nearby. Then spawn Eranikus in Moonglade ang get, say, 120 man together to fight him, survive him, but dont kill him.

Ogg
17-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Blue shard: Gather pages of "Draconic for Dummies" from all across the world (inc. Undercity), kill Lord Makmaeran and his kids to get a "Giant 500pound chicken" and kill trashmobs in Molten Core for some gnome-goggles... Then gather a shiatload of expensive materials (Arcanite, Elementium Ore), and kill a giant shark in Azshara named MAWS.

Could you give me a hint when you kill that shark? I want to be there :)

Proterra
17-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I take my monocle off too you dear people.

Abberare
18-01-2006, 03:54 AM
Damn that stuff sounds fun :(

Anyway grats :)

Akrea
18-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Congratulations CoI for your great killage of zie dragon.

Oh, and for gods sake, tell me when you do all those world event thingies. Thanks :)

Uxon
18-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Here's hoping that 300 people don't end up turning up for Eranikus and crashing the server. -_-

Turiel
18-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Here's hoping that the Horde and Alliance that turn up to kill him don't kill each other instead :P

As we saw at the Vision of the Past at the Ahn'Qiraj gates, some people just can't resist turning /pvp on (eh Sloth, eh?!).

On a serious note, seeing as we actually need 120+ people, there's going to be crazy lag with just that not to mention random onlookers.

Elexin
18-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Erikanus... Moonglade...

Trust me; It's not us killing each other that you should be worried about... ;)

And server crashage sounds rather fun actually. Maybe it will reinforce our position to Blizz that they need better servers :P

Chonar
18-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Here's hoping that the Horde and Alliance that turn up to kill him don't kill each other instead :P

Course, it will not be the intention to kill Eranikus.

Gaeline
18-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I doubt we could even if we tried, tbh.

Zulamun
18-01-2006, 04:40 PM

Course, it will not be the intention to kill Eranikus.

[edit] big fat grats btw :P

Don't even think you can kill

*spoiler*

according to some server who has the scepter erikanus turns to his *human* form, i think its a nelf, and says hes finally... ehmz.. uncorrupted? and gives shard to someone

Sloth
18-01-2006, 08:30 PM
As we saw at the Vision of the Past at the Ahn'Qiraj gates, some people just can't resist turning /pvp on (eh Sloth, eh?!).

I was hoping to start a mass zergfest, but when I turned my pvp on I realised that about 75%+ of the people there were alliance :(

Chonar
18-01-2006, 08:58 PM
An "oh shi" moment indeed.

And yes Zulamun, thats correct. Of course we're not yet supposed to know. :p

Zulamun
19-01-2006, 12:30 PM
An "oh shi" moment indeed.

And yes Zulamun, thats correct. Of course we're not yet supposed to know. :p

Did i say something? :lol:

So wasnt the red shard the hardest?

Chonar
19-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I think the green one is gonna be a tad harder. More outside factors.

dantheman
19-01-2006, 11:38 PM

I was hoping to start a mass zergfest, but when I turned my pvp on I realised that about 75%+ of the people there were alliance :(

Me, Solk and Stabstalker died in a blaze of glory :)

Thrane
20-01-2006, 01:21 AM
While the zergfest might have been fun..... I'd like to ask all of ye (that means both horde and alliance) to not turn on PvP at all during the event. It has happened on other servers that because of this cenarion guards ended up dying and losing reputation CC will occur... which we don't want ^^ Think about poor little Trixa who farmed all the way to exalted :p

Sloth
20-01-2006, 11:22 AM
well I only put pvp on after the cutscene was finished, wouldnt wanna miss it :)

Chimera
20-01-2006, 01:20 PM
We`ll need to keep the timeframe for this thing quiet too.

Also we`ll need to arrange with the horde for them to gank the audberdine flightmaster before we being and the same for the alliance with the hordes fastest route to moonglade. They can then be summoned by their waiting raid groups.

Should keep the amount of randoms there down to a minimum and give us a chance of not crashing the server.

Elexin
20-01-2006, 02:46 PM
But if we do that, we'll show up pvp enabled and the situation we just decided we didnt want shall occur :P

Cassina
20-01-2006, 03:20 PM

Also we`ll need to arrange with the horde for them to gank the audberdine flightmaster before we being and the same for the alliance with the hordes fastest route to moonglade. They can then be summoned by their waiting raid groups.

Should keep the amount of randoms there down to a minimum and give us a chance of not crashing the server.

Well seeing as this thing is a server effort, how about not excluding people like this?
Those level 20something druids helped too you know... :roll:
If the server crashes blame Blizzard.

Harshak
20-01-2006, 03:22 PM

Well seeing as this thing is a server effort, how about not excluding people like this?

No lvl 20 druid helped getting carapaces or anything in the questline, they helped with the war effort which is something else.

Chimera
20-01-2006, 04:05 PM

You wanna do this thing without a server crash or with a server crash? or whilst lagging to fuckery or whilst lagging minimally?

Pick.

The AQ opening event should be publicised yes. But thats not something that requires 120 people to be playing effectively now is it.

But if we do that, we'll show up pvp enabled and the situation we just decided we didnt want shall occur :P

Just spam in general channel for people NOT to attack the PvP enabled alliance/horde?

Failing that do it whilst we`re preparing and then hide in a small corner or such untill it wears off....

...whats the respawn timer on the flightmasters anyway.

Chopper
20-01-2006, 04:08 PM
We'll need to keep the timeframe for this thing quiet too.

Also we'll need to arrange with the horde for them to gank the auderdine flightmaster before we begin and the same for the alliance with the hordes fastest route to moonglade. They can then be summoned by their waiting raid groups.

The last time I ki... erm... The last time I saw a flightmaster killed, they also respawned fairly quickly.

Another idea could be some additional Horde and Alliance groups, completely separate to the Moonglade raids. They concentrate on ganking the relevant flightmasters, and keeping them ganked, and also on ganking anything else in the area for a bit of attention-diverting WorldDef spam.

Of course it's a shame that people have to miss the fight, but it's infinitely preferable to the laggy, crashy alternatives.

Turiel
20-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Its not a case of "if" the server will crash, it will - it's happened on every server thats had a large amount of people there. I would love for everybody on the server to be able to see it, but thats not realistically possibly. Not only do we have to worry about the server crashing but we have to worry about the lag being at a minimal so that the one hundred and twenty person raid have the ability to kill him. To be honest, with 4 guilds involved, we already probably have too many people that will know about it. Because of course, with the larger guilds, many of their members will go there also even if they're not in the raid.

It sucks, but we gotta be able to actually do the quest.

Chimera
20-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Its not a case of "if" the server will crash, it will - it's happened on every server thats had a large amount of people there. I would love for everybody on the server to be able to see it, but thats not realistically possibly. Not only do we have to worry about the server crashing but we have to worry about the lag being at a minimal so that the one hundred and twenty person raid have the ability to kill him. To be honest, with 4 guilds involved, we already probably have too many people that will know about it. Because of course, with the larger guilds, many of their members will go there also even if they're not in the raid.

It sucks, but we gotta be able to actually do the quest.

What he said.

Thrane
20-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Er.... I appear to be missing something here..... why do the flightmasters need to be ganked :/ I mean.... they don't do much now do they :/

Chopper
20-01-2006, 04:42 PM
They provide swift transportation to Moonglade.

Also, they are evil, and must be stopped.

Kabhanda
20-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Most important thing here, moonglade will be FULL of level 60+ elite shades who will gank anything that moves if it isnt proper raid geared with raid support, also said shades get stronger for each thing they kill, so to put it simply, ANY low level who is there is making it harder for us.

You want to fuck this up? fine. We DO NOT want you there.

Soluna
20-01-2006, 05:25 PM
I think there are a number of things you are missing.

Firstly - The only "level 20 druids" who will be entering moonglade - will get there by using their handy dandy 'teleport to moonglade' spell. After which more than likely, the only reason they would use the flight point it to fly 'away' from there after getting their skills or quests or whatever.

Secondly - no other class will have the other flightpoint, until at least level 50+ as they all have to travel through the tunnel to get there. Which they can do, regardless of whether the flight masters are killed.

Thirdly - Purposefully preventing anyone else on the server from even witnessing, through ganking the flight masters, is not only selfish, childish and petty. But in the worst case scenario, people reporting this as such, may get anyone ganking these flight masters banned.

Fourthly - after considering the above points, and the fact that you will only achieve to piss off a huge number of people on the server, and ruin your CH reputation, and that anyone wanting to get there can travel via other means... it all looks exceedingly pointless.

Note - I only came to post here as a large number of guild members seemed a bit put out at the principle of the thing. At first I wanted to check if it was a rumour as I thought CoI were better than this - speaking to Gruze, who didn't know anything about it, was comforting. But I must say I am very disappointed =/ even though that probably doesn't mean much to most.

Chopper
20-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I think there are a number of things you are missing.

I was aware of points 1 & 2, but hadn't really thought about the "griefer" aspects you've outlined in points 3 & 4. In hindsight, and considering the points you've made, repeatedly ganking the flightmasters is a stupid and anti-social idea. Thanks for the wake-up call.

Please also note that the "repeated ganking" idea originated from me and was not endorsed by anyone else here.

Cassina
20-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Glad to see someone agrees with me, cheers Soluna.

Zulamun
20-01-2006, 11:01 PM
I can see both sides points, but do the lvl 20's get to enter AQ?

There is in fact no reason for them to be there, they are part of the gathering quest yes, but not the shard one...

Chimera
21-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Firstly, what Khlysti said.

Secondly, i doubt many people at all miss the AQ opening event. It does after all go on for several days. Erikanus however will become alot more fucking tricky with lots of retards running around, PvP enabled, getting themselves raped.

Thirdly, im sure those who can be trusted, not part of a raid group, will be informed of this event if they`ve helped at some point as long as they don't go spreading the word around.

Ganking of the Audberdine flight master would help alot with stopping unwanted people who will do as mentioned above.

I see it as being more selfish on their part when they`ll just fuck it up for the 120 people, who probably spend about 2g per death in repairs not to mention potions, and possibly end in many of them getting killed or losing lots of CC rep.

Not many people will like it but tbh i will likely be needed to be done.

Thrane
21-01-2006, 12:54 AM
It's not like we're trying to be elitist bastards here....
It's just the simple fact that having half the server population there will make the quest impossible.... Which will also make watching it impossible and will also, quite possibly, fry several graphic cards (now of course I don't give a damn about that because if you came there with a crappy graphic card it's yer own damned fault ^^)

Now if half the server population is there, there'll be two things nigh impossible.
1. We won't be able to beat the encounter (and if this thing repeats itself we'll never have a ruddy scepter ready thus we'll never get the gates open (ever).

2. Watching us doing our thing won't be possible either because you'll be stuck in a lagspike that lasts untill the server is down...

Now there are more effects to this as well.... if those who don't really give a damn to see it are happily going their way and killing stuff in some random instance they'll get screwed with the server going down as well.... So it still seems wise not to have too many people there.....

Remember 250 was enough to crash the Warsong server once...... We'll most likely have a bit over 200 if it stays a bit covert.

(although the new hardware might save the server :p)

Chonar
21-01-2006, 01:28 PM
We'll inform the very best of Alliance and Horde raiding guilds. I suggest doing the event on a late evening, when people're going to bed.

Soluna
21-01-2006, 01:32 PM
I really can't decide if you're being purposefully ignorant =/

I can see both sides points, but do the lvl 20's get to enter AQ?

There is in fact no reason for them to be there, they are part of the gathering quest yes, but not the shard one...

Why should that deny them the chance to witness a once off server event?

I can appreciate that a number of people have spent considerable effort achieving this stage in the quest - however, Blizzard has made this a "server wide event" for a reason, so that more than just the people who participate in the effort may witness and enjoy. It is also staged in a public and accessible area - you have absolutely no right purposefully trying to prevent people from getting there. Had the event been staged in an instance, it would in part show that only those who worked for the priviledge may be there.

Just going to repeat a point that you seemed to miss.

Those level 20s "TELEPORTING" (ie - not even going to use the flight point to ENTER Moonglade) are only GOING there for quest purposes. Killing the flight masters is working AGAINST you as that may be the only way they can get AWAY from the area.

Something you also seem to assume - is anyone travelling to Moonglade is intending to hinder you? I am sure most of the people who have any knowledge of the event want it to succeed as much as you. I myself wish you every luck in the encounter - but taking this very stupid step is pointless.

Chonar
21-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Soluna... I agree that ganking the flight masters is a silly idea. But.

Many people = server crash.
Server crash = failed quest.

Succeeding the Quest > Letting people experience the fight.

I'm sure you'll agree. Especially knowing the time involved and difficulty of the encounter.

Nivellen
21-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Event requires more than one guild, no? Trusted person pms trusted info that encounter is going up. Right? Then another one pms to another, right? Then we suddenly find ourselves that 90% of the server is a trusted person.

If it'll crash, then it'll crash. We'll see :roll:

Viddeh
21-01-2006, 02:46 PM
I trust nothing!

Psonica
21-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, as a member of a raiding guild that might not yet fall the category "very best" (we'll be getting to that soon) and tremendously interested in warcraft-lore and storyline progession I will do my best to be there when it happens .... not only to watch but also to try to help (yay! warlock meatshield ftw!). I won't be devastated if I miss it though (there will be videos posted I guess). "It's just a dragon" ;)

Irksome Invaders has been contributing a lot to the war effort and some of us even helped out on some quests in Silithus and we will be there in AQ20 the very first day we can get access to it to learn a new experience like we did with ZG... AQ40 might be out of reach at the moment but we are slowly getting there too.

Soluna
21-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Chonar I can fully appreciate that we don't want the server to crash.

My only problem was with the flight master ganking as the method, for which I have said my piece and given the reasons =)

Turiel
21-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Note - I only came to post here as a large number of guild members seemed a bit put out at the principle of the thing. At first I wanted to check if it was a rumour as I thought CoI were better than this - speaking to Gruze, who didn't know anything about it, was comforting. But I must say I am very disappointed =/ even though that probably doesn't mean much to most.

I'd like to point out that nowhere in this thread did CoI suggest or agree with ganking the flightmasters :P

And as far as I know, there are no plans to do so, however the people that brought it up were certainly free to do so as a possibility.

Chimera
21-01-2006, 06:01 PM

I'd like to point out that nowhere in this thread did CoI suggest or agree with ganking the flightmasters :P

And as far as I know, there are no plans to do so, however the people that brought it up were certainly free to do so as a possibility.

T'was my suggestion. Not CoIs.

alassius
22-01-2006, 12:28 AM

This sounds abhorrently selfish to me, and is part of the reason why some people would think war effort is for the elite guilds and they do not get anything in return.

I see your points about server crash though, the problem is your wording.

Platonas
22-01-2006, 12:50 AM

This sounds abhorrently selfish to me, and is part of the reason why some people would think war effort is for the elite guilds and they do not get anything in return.

I see your points about server crash though, the problem is your wording.

First off, this is not the 'war effort'. The war effort is a very (extremely) necessary part of the opening of the gates, and to be honest, the turnins themselves give quite decent rewards (an item of your level that is probably guaranteed to sell to vendor for more than whatever you turned in, plus tokens that can get you rep or a bonus item).

The point khlysti was trying to make, though not too diplomatically, is that this part of the scepter questline can NOT be pugged.

This doesn't mean that pugs aren't equipped to deal with it, or don't know how to play, or anything like that, all this means is that the line of communication is not there, people don't know how to behave in a raid environment, they are not efficient, and they do not know eachother, much less trust eachother. As has been said, for each person a shade kills, that shade becomes stronger. When this event requires 120 people, of very high calibre individually, and exceptional skill as a group, to complete, having individuals (I don't care if you somehow managed to get full tier 2 and can kill ashen without losing a single bit of health in a duel) there complicates the matter on several planes.

The event will be documented for posterity, so even if you are not there, you will see what happened there. In other words, I, and most likely a lot of others, will be recording it, and releasing it publicly. The key issue here though is teamwork, the ability to make quick decisions, and be able to predict how your teammates will react to ceirtain situations. It also requires knowing who is best for what job, what the limits of each section are, and quick, on the fly, and most importantly, correct decisions as to what to do. All of this comes from proven experience of working together and seeing most encounters in the game, overcoming them, and learning from them.

This is why random people are not entirely welcome to the event. You will not help the situation, you will not gain anything from it of any value (no drops, no nothing), you WILL lose durability from deaths, you might lose reputation with CC (and thus what you need for items in AQ), and you will most likely annoy and confuse the people who are genuinely working hard to get this encounter done in a proper and successful manner.

Needless to say, if this encounter should fail due to the actions of 'onlookers', I, for one, will not be very happy. In fact, in my opinion, that might just fall under the topic of 'griefing'. Think about this before you decide to have a picnic next to a battlefield (read your american civil war (united states) history about picnics near battlefields to observe the battles for a good idea of what you're getting yourself into).

You may be perfectly innocent in all this, but please, don't complicate matters. This is a polite request, not because you're not good enough, but because we need a close-knit team who know eachother and can work together as quickly and as efficiently possible. It just so happens that CoI has the person closest to finishing the scepter quest, so it's inevitable that we will be a part of it.

Fester
22-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Aww, I just made my extremely offensive avatar and you post such a nice and well-thought out post Platonas. Damn it! Guess I'll have to change it back in abit :(

However, I still think it's being over-paranoid discussing ways of keeping onlookers away, as I'm sure Blizzard planned for those. The event gets transmitted server-wide if I'm not mistaking?

Edit: What happens at the picnics? This is a serious question, as it's late, and I have no clue about where one finds litterature on the topic.

Chimera
22-01-2006, 01:15 AM
If this event lasts no more than 10minutes there may be no need to kill the Flightmasters the simple fact is that it is likely to last longer, alot longer when you take into account the fact 4 or so raid groups will need to all get their arses there and prepare and briefed.

But if these shades do get stronger per death, then you're going to fuck it up for the rest of us by getting yourself killed as you simply do not have the 39 people behind you working closely together to keep you upright and them horizontal. You`ll also going to contributeto the wiping of 120-160 people, which mostly spend about 1-2g per death, thats 210g worth of repairs not to mention the fact that the next try will be even fucking worse due to more randoms who want to come and see appearing. I challenge anyone to find a way not to call that selfish tbqfh.

What must be and what people want to be are two very different things at time, this is one of them.

Chonar
22-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Aww, I just made my extremely offensive avatar and you post such a nice and well-thought out post Platonas. Damn it! Guess I'll have to change it back in abit :(

... Yes, you do. Artistic value aside, I do want people there. :/ I just dont want the servers to crash during a critical moment of fighting Eranikus.

And I certainly want a lot of people present when the gates open! :D

Chimera
22-01-2006, 01:21 AM
Exactly, this is hardly a once in a server event anyway. The opening of AQ however is and i highly suspect no one will try to stop you to come and see all you want. Thats where you get the repayment (not that youve not gained from farming) for your effort.

Soluna
22-01-2006, 03:59 AM

Thanks Turiel. I sincerely hope that method isn't employed. Platonas' post and reasons are certainly (I would hope) enough to encourage people not to be a hindrance. Those intent on being present would be there with or without dead flight masters, and my posts are in no way supposed to show support for griefers - merely reasoning against that particular method of... opposite griefing ^^

kyochi
22-01-2006, 04:15 AM
I do agree with platonas' post in full, i just feel it is a shame that an event such as this, that will only be seen once is becoming almost on an invite basis. Having only just found a raiding group we obviously don't know each other as well as platonas said a group doing this should. I am very interested in the warcraft storyline being a fan since wc2 it seems to good to miss and a shame that i might just end up reading the quest logs and watchiing the videos online.
I can see that for a group that has put so much time and effort into becoming what they are, this is a great reward and they completely deserve it. In all i believe that blizzard would of made it so people could watch the proceedings....without dying.

Fester
22-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Agreed.
Also, trying to think up ways of keeping people out of Moonglade could actually be considered exploiting game mechanics - think about it. Sure, people going there solely to turn on PvP and ruin it are considered griefers, but if you actually manage to block all routes to Moonglade (I don't think this is possible tbh) you're effectively griefing those persons who have a legit reason to go there as well. To the paying customers no part of WoW is considered off-limits

Locowar
22-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Die near the event, turn of death effect, enjoy.

PS: Firstly, what Khlysti said.

Secondly, i doubt many people at all miss the AQ opening event. It does after all go on for several days. Erikanus however will become alot more fucking tricky with lots of retards running around, PvP enabled, getting themselves raped.

Thirdly, im sure those who can be trusted, not part of a raid group, will be informed of this event if they`ve helped at some point as long as they don't go spreading the word around.

Ganking of the Audberdine flight master would help alot with stopping unwanted people who will do as mentioned above.

I see it as being more selfish on their part when they`ll just fuck it up for the 120 people, who probably spend about 2g per death in repairs not to mention potions, and possibly end in many of them getting killed or losing lots of CC rep.

Not many people will like it but tbh i will likely be needed to be done.

LMAO

alassius
22-01-2006, 01:19 PM
First off, this is not the 'war effort'. The war effort is a very (extremely) necessary part of the opening of the gates, and to be honest, the turnins themselves give quite decent rewards (an item of your level that is probably guaranteed to sell to vendor for more than whatever you turned in, plus tokens that can get you rep or a bonus item).

Try explain this to people in IF in a reasonable way like this before you do the quest, and hope for them to be reasonable too. It is better than stupidly ganking Flight Masters which won't stop people anyway and will surely taint your reputation.

Beside that, I would like to know how likely it really is for the server to crash. There are no less than 200 people in Ironforge anytime between 10am and 2am right? Where did this 100% crash rate some proclaimed come from?

Waywatcher
22-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Beside that, I would like to know how likely it really is for the server to crash. There are no less than 200 people in Ironforge anytime between 10am and 2am right? Where did this 100% crash rate some proclaimed come from?

This data is taken from every other server which has had the Moonglade event as free for all. Think about the lag we have in IF on the most busy of days, then add Moonfire spam from all of these players, then multiply it with 2 to take all the shades summoned into consideration. That is the amount of action we will see in Moonglade. IF on a busy day is nothing compared to the Moonglade event.

alassius
22-01-2006, 01:48 PM
This data is taken from every other server which has had the Moonglade event as free for all. Think about the lag we have in IF on the most busy of days, then add Moonfire spam from all of these players, then multiply it with 2 to take all the shades summoned into consideration. That is the amount of action we will see in Moonglade. IF on a busy day is nothing compared to the Moonglade event.

Source?

The Fires of Heaven journal mentioned 300-500 attendance but nothing about crashing.

Waywatcher
22-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Here is a few posts stating the issue, and all links contain reasons why we don't want to many people there.

Please try to understand that it is not like we want to have this event by ourselves, and don't want people to watch. There is however no point in beeing there to watch when the entire event is one big lag spike which result in a server restart and/or the quest bugging.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons&t=304401&p=1&tmp=1#post304401
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons&t=311290&p=1&tmp=1#post311290
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons&t=311890&p=1&tmp=1#post311890
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons&t=312302&p=1&tmp=1#post312302
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons&t=313378&p=1&tmp=1#post313378
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons&t=314497&p=1&tmp=1#post314497
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons&t=314522&p=1&tmp=1#post314522
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons&t=304204&p=1&tmp=1#post304204
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=35523&p=1&tmp=1#post35523
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=35654&p=1&tmp=1#post35654
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=35913&p=1&tmp=1#post35913
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=36181&p=1&tmp=1#post36181
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=36271&p=1&tmp=1#post36271
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=36188&p=1&tmp=1#post36188
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=36879&p=1&tmp=1#post36879
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=38624&p=1&tmp=1#post38624

These are a few posts i found from a quick search. The bottom link is to a thread you started yourself, and I bet you will get the same answers on that as you get here.

This is very unfortunate, and we would like the entire server to be there and watch, but that is sadly not possible.

alassius
22-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Here is a few posts stating the issue, and all links contain reasons why we don't want to many people there.

Please try to understand that it is not like we want to have this event by ourselves, and don't want people to watch. There is however no point in beeing there to watch when the entire event is one big lag spike which result in a server restart and/or the quest bugging.

These are a few posts i found from a quick search. The bottom link is to a thread you started yourself, and I bet you will get the same answers on that as you get here.

This is very unfortunate, and we would like the entire server to be there and watch, but that is sadly not possible.

Most of these threads are about respawning and reputation issues which are more likely programming bugs than server overload. Only 3 servers are said to have been crashed: Shattered Hand, Daggerspine and Eonar (US). Thunderlord and Burning Blade crashed during the time travel encounter. This does not sound like 100% to me.

Waywatcher
22-01-2006, 03:33 PM
The point of these links was not to prove that the server shut down in 100% of the cases that someone has done this quest. Which ofcourse is not the case since many guilds have completed it.

They do however provide information to you that the server most likely can not cope with everyone wanting to watch beeing in Moonglade. As you see from the above links, server restart as you yourself just pointed out, is just one out of many problems caused by lag when having to many people there.

EDIT:

To be honest I don't really see the point with all your posts, what is it you are trying to prove?

If you want to prove that servers don't restart 100% of the time when this quest have been tried, congratulations, you are right. And we also know that.

Are you trying to make us invite the whole server to the event? This will not likely happen, I'm just speaking for myself, as I have done thorugh this entire thread, but the server just can't take it.

If the only reason you continue to post on this thread is trolling then I'm not going to answer any more posts, but if you have anything constuctive to share then feel free to do so. There has been many people through this thread that do not agree with us on how it should be done, you on the other hand is the only one that there is no use reasoning with.

alassius
22-01-2006, 05:38 PM
The point of these links was not to prove that the server shut down in 100% of the cases that someone has done this quest. Which ofcourse is not the case since many guilds have completed it.

They do however provide information to you that the server most likely can not cope with everyone wanting to watch beeing in Moonglade. As you see from the above links, server restart as you yourself just pointed out, is just one out of many problems caused by lag when having to many people there.

EDIT:

To be honest I don't really see the point with all your posts, what is it you are trying to prove?

If you want to prove that servers don't restart 100% of the time when this quest have been tried, congratulations, you are right. And we also know that.

Are you trying to make us invite the whole server to the event? This will not likely happen, I'm just speaking for myself, as I have done thorugh this entire thread, but the server just can't take it.

If the only reason you continue to post on this thread is trolling then I'm not going to answer any more posts, but if you have anything constuctive to share then feel free to do so. There has been many people through this thread that do not agree with us on how it should be done, you on the other hand is the only one that there is no use reasoning with.

My point is that you guys are overreacting. Server crash will fail the quest, but lag, even a serious one, is far less likely to stop you from finishing it than respawning bugs. Since there are 10 people complaining about spawning problem for each one complaining about crashing, you should be more worried about spawning which I am fairly certain has little to do with server load.

Just let it go. You do not need to invite everyone on the server, Blizzard is doing it for you. Neither should you attempt to stop other people from entering Moonglade which you simply are not able to, as this is not a PvP server and you cannot block Timbermaw tunnels.

Tarun
22-01-2006, 05:43 PM
You cant stop the invasion of the druids... be ware! its still our grounds...