View Full Version : Any special tactics on Jin'do the Hexxer

Riped
15-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Do you use any special tactics to kill Jin'do the Hexxer?

For example our raid uses an enslaved Imp (umm "Mad Servant") to kill Hexxer's totems. I personally don't like this tactic - too high risk, apparently...

takfiri
15-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Ah, finally a glimpse into the famed supafast NS Jin'do tactic;)

We use rogues for that. White on boss, switch for a backstab when totem up.

Drauk
15-01-2006, 10:04 AM
There aren't that many l33t tricks do to on Jin'do, here is what i know

1) Enslave Imp, like was mentioned
2) Use drood to tank (immune to hex)
3) Drain his mana (he will stop dropping one of the totems, i forget which one)
4) Screw "classic" tactics, decurse and DPS him like hell. Risky, requires mad dps, but sometimes works

Chimera
15-01-2006, 11:30 AM
We do tactic four. All melee bar tank goes to totems which see`s em off pretty fairly and i find shadowburning the healing totem makes it go down twice as fast (eats shards though) for obvious reasons. The real part of this fight is what you do not see, the shades. A warlock can effectively kill 4-5 shades when they have the curse (CoA + Corruption) if they have insta corruption and other classes need to drop what they`re doing instantly and bash some shades the second they get the curse unless they are of course the tank. Keep the shades low and its all piss.

We`ve never used the imp as its fucking mean when it breaks which just makes it a very weak link in the chain.

Elandar
15-01-2006, 11:37 AM
You might as well use Searing Pain instead of Shadowburn.

Chonar
15-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Since COI does the Edge of Madness every run, and we dont wanna spend much time on backtracking (except maybe for Zulian Mudskunks, hurr hurr), all Imps are dead before reaching Jindo.

ALL DPS goes on totems whenever they appear. Also, we have one rogue gain initial aggro from Jindo (hit once + getting hit twice). This results in him getting the first "Seeing Curse" which allows him to kill shades, after the MT grabs true aggro.

Also, quick Hexx dispelling.

XeD
15-01-2006, 12:15 PM
we just nuke the living hell out of him
always works (unless 3x tank gets totemed and all pump out mass fear ^^)

Chonar
15-01-2006, 12:31 PM

Genius!
This will be taken along to the next council meeting for sure.

Somebody take a memo!

Chimera
15-01-2006, 12:52 PM
always works (unless 3x tank gets totemed and all pump out mass fear ^^)

Then tell yer tanks to put Fear on CD perhaps?

And rank 1 corruption works pretty well for that too chonar, better infact as warlocks can disperse them with two insta spells.

We do seem to get very fucking unlucky with the epics on him though. 1 in 3 killed id say gives us an epic and we`ve had no mace yet the paladins are excited over:/

XeD
15-01-2006, 05:13 PM

Genius!

Somebody take a memo!

why make some fancy tactics if you have the dps to just nuke the living daylight out of his eyes?
since we killed him the first time we never took more than 2 tries (normally only one) to kill him.. and he's been goood to us (2 epics + 2 blues once :D)

and especially ubergeared COI guys should be able to nuke him down EASY

Ogg
15-01-2006, 05:18 PM

Isn't this the point where someone is supposed to post an "Epics make no difference"-answer?

Zamruel
15-01-2006, 06:02 PM
i dont think they guy who made this topic has a shitload epics...
so i dont think the nuke thingie is a good idea for him

Riped
15-01-2006, 10:33 PM
i dont think they guy who made this topic has a shitload epics...
so i dont think the nuke thingie is a good idea for him
Very much true :-)

Chimera
15-01-2006, 10:36 PM

Genius!

Somebody take a memo!

why make some fancy tactics if you have the dps to just nuke the living daylight out of his eyes?
since we killed him the first time we never took more than 2 tries (normally only one) to kill him.. and he's been goood to us (2 epics + 2 blues once :D)

You can do it skillfully get no deaths or if unlucky one or two. Or you can just blindly DPS and hope for the best and lose a fair few people :wink:

I know which one will do you well in BWL though..

XeD
15-01-2006, 10:41 PM

Genius!

Somebody take a memo!

You can do it skillfully get no deaths or if unlucky one or two. Or you can just blindly DPS and hope for the best and lose a fair few people :wink:

I know which one will do you well in BWL though..

we've done hexxer numerous times without more than 3 deaths.. so maybe its that you have baby dps or that we have uber dps?
think neither.. its just a little faith in your local lock/mage/hunter/rogue that can do the trick
just insta switch to totems.. and all on ghostkill duty.. 1 mage @ pit to clear out if someone gets teleported and go loot some fresh epixx

Chimera
15-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Thats hardly the just DPS him straight down i took you too mean ;)

Trupiaczacha
16-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Xed whot for u talk whit chimera u dont know that he is uber duper lock form ally the best tactic brain etc. :twisted: and they mages run in arc set so whot dps u whont to see of them Xed 8) ahhh nvm....

Metrix
16-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Plain DPS, totems have highest priority. Works every time :)