View Full Version : MobHealth question

Tyrannis
13-01-2006, 02:58 PM
As some of you are aware there was a small ruck at Hillsbrad, as i was there i saw Chimera, and saw his HP total which was about 2596. I noticed he had some Nemesis set items, compard to my 6/8 of the dreadmist set i have(i am in process of collecting +spell dmg gear and %crit stuff like Crown of the orge king, Kel'Thuzard sash etc) now last night i had my imp out with a prayer of fortitude buff, my HP was 4894.

My question is surely with the epic items etc he had, he should have more HP??

Tyr

Rey
13-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Sounds to me your mod is bugged or he was running around naked :p

Tyrannis
13-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Hmm could be but the damage dealt and HP dropped correspoded, but i'll check the mod

Cassina
13-01-2006, 03:48 PM
If you're talking about MobHealth, it's bugged or at least it seems to be for me.

Kabhanda
13-01-2006, 03:48 PM
mobhealth type mods often give total bollocks as HP read outs for players, once you kill a player 5+ times it shoudl be 'ok' tho.

Llort
13-01-2006, 05:32 PM
*move to a more apopriate forum* and changed the topic title

Chimera
21-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Missed this thread.

Currently at 5k unbuffed so yer mod was teh wrong;)

Chonar
21-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Erm. Odd. Maybe he had the Resurrection Sickness debuff?

Jarelan
21-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Mob Health can take a few minutes to adjust the HP correctly....if the target dies in that time it can give false reading...

So to summarise...big nasty mobs (Vael, Nef etc) show their true health after about 5 minutes of beating.

Small low health mobs/people can take 5 to 10 deaths to show a reasonable figure.

Chimera
21-02-2006, 12:38 PM

Considering i have a bag full of spare epic gear and full epic gear on me at all times, very fucking unlikely :wink:

Jarelan has it right. The mod estimates how many % a hit takes the enemy down and then divides to hit by the % of health loss and times it by 100 to get your total HP. It does a new sum each hit and averages the results to generate a accurate result.

Psonica
21-02-2006, 01:27 PM

Considering i have a bag full of spare epic gear and full epic gear on me at all times, very fucking unlikely :wink:

Jarelan has it right. The mod estimates how many % a hit takes the enemy down and then divides to hit by the % of health loss and times it by 100 to get your total HP. It does a new sum each hit and averages the results to generate a accurate result.

...which in turn is the reason for strange results when you as level 60 moves in to a lower level area (to get Lean Wolf Flank) and starts one-shoting mobs ... my SB does ~850 damage and the mob has maybe 300-400 health (which the addon doesn't know but I do) ... according to the information given the addon could very well assign these mobs 799 health since it has no idea anyway. :)

So for best results ... kill the mobs/players slowly with low damage and a few times at least :)

Jarelan
21-02-2006, 01:41 PM
When killing the troggs in Go'bolar quarry looking for linen, I was 1 hitting them every time, so the addon never recorded a HP total for them lol.