View Full Version : Would this be any good?

zendog
11-01-2006, 05:08 PM
This is just a little thought I've just had (rule 1 of forum posting: NEVER think beforehand). I wanted to hear what you guys thought about it. Imagine a situation where a fully balance specced druid had Eskhandar's Left and Right Claws (linked below)...

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18202
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18203

Now I know that procs don't work while in bear or cat form, but in moonkin form they do (as far as I know, because the druid is actually wielding the weapons, as opposed to their own bear/cat claws). With dual wield on these (druids can dual wield fist weaps AFAIK), extra armour contributions from moonkin form (is it 360% armour? something like that anyway), and casting moonfire every now and again, we'd have a half decent dps machine with good armour, and some nasty extra procs from using the left and right claws (maybe?). From what you guys also say, people might also be too busy spamming /point, /rofl and /laugh to react to the danger in time :)

Anyway, what do you all think? Be nice please, I don't PvP much and so have prolly missed something vital :oops:

DISCLAIMER: OK, so now's possibly the time when everyone says haha lolz mf spam lrn2ply n00b (believe me, I was tempted, so I wouldn't blame you if you did). I'm also aware that the claws would be very handy for a rogue or furry warrior and that they might get first goes on it... This is just a hypothetical situation, and I was wondering if it'd work?

Egminos
11-01-2006, 05:18 PM
druids can't wear Eskhandar's Left claw, since its an "offhand"-class item :/

Ashborn
11-01-2006, 05:21 PM
druids can dual wield fist weaps AFAIK
You've been misinformed.

zendog
11-01-2006, 05:25 PM
:cry:

Ah well, nvm... cheers for putting us right on the issue though!

Cassina
11-01-2006, 06:29 PM
I once thought the same with my shaman, but that was at level 12 not 60. ;)

Kathra
12-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I posted a while ago on the forums about how the weapons themselves are pretty much ignored by other classes, Rogues prefer high-end daggers (afaik) and warriors prefer 2handers usually. Druids being allowed these weapons is perfect for the lore etc.

My idea was that blizzard could implement a system (not too different from the shamz0r talent) which allowed feral druids to duel weild. Yes ok, you may say that resto + balance druids should also benefit, but resto and balance druids wont really care about these weapons anyway, they kind of contradict the class they are aiming for.

Anyways, Druids x2 Wielding Eshkander would be great, the stats arent bad, and if a +15 Strength is added to each hand, we'd have a nice set. I did also ask for allowing weapon procs in feral forms. Which could be seen as imbalanced, but still if its a 31-point talent, it'd be nice in conjunction with our "Good, but could be better" maximum feral talent....

In conclusion, Balance - bad. Feral - Good ^_^

zendog
12-01-2006, 06:23 PM
In conclusion, Balance - bad. Feral - Good ^_^
:lol: ;)

Interesting thoughts though. I agree that fist weapons are neglected by most players, simply because there arn't that many of them in the game... Most of the weaps on the below list (AFAIK the full set of fist weapons available in the game) have been added as Battlegrounds rewards and Zul'Gurub drops (which are later additions to the game, and didn't appear in v1.0):

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/itemadvsearch.html?itemname=&itemclass=2%3A13&slot=0&binds=-1&stat1=0&statval1=&stat2=0&statval2=&stat3=0&statval3=&sort1=0&sortwt1=0&sort2=0&sortwt2=0&sort3=0&sortwt3=0&minlevel=&maxlevel=&mindps=&maxdps=&quality=-1&speed=0&effect=0&search=1

About the lore and suitability of fist weapons, I agree (perfect for a druid, and I would go so far to say that they are good for balance and resto druids, in fact it's more suitable than using a staff IMO - a balance druid can still use feral form, and the druids' character, in an RP sense, is still that of a semi-feral being) - personally I think Blizz must have tried fist weapons, but they were found to be unbalanced in a beta, or earlier in development (or perhaps it was just one of those things that was shelved due to development times). Looking through the weapons, there don't seem to be many suitable ones for a druid after staves and 1&2H maces.

Also agree with your comment about procs - fair enough about discounting the weapon damage if using feral form (after initially being a bit gutted by it, I can accept that weapon damage is discounted when attacking with feral claws), but the procs are a magical effect that occur when you land a hit. You still have the weapon equipped, so you should still get the bonuses from that weapon, including procs.

Cheers for sharing your thoughts!