View Full Version : Alliance raid alliance?

Albiona
11-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know if there is something on the Alliance side along the lines of a raid alliance (as opposed to the usual raid guilds) ?

So far, it seems the only way to do 40 man instances is to join one of the raid guilds.

Has anyone tried before to organise the same style of raiding (a DKP system, scheduled raids, etc.) that individuals could get involved in without having to join a guild?

The closest thing I have seen is what the Federation of Guilds is doing, but I think that is restricted to members of the participating guilds and doesn’t use DKP.

So, is anyone already doing this or is there any interest in helping to organise it?

Turiel
11-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Many people are doing this - MCO, Shadowsong Alliance, Guilds United to name but a few. I'm sure there's room for another one. Just don't make the mistake of being too casual (read: no dkp, signups, allowing anyone to join, etc), which was the downfall of guilds united.

Albiona
11-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks Turiel. Guilds United was the example I was going to use but I couldn't think of the name.

Can't find the SA website, but MCO seem to be successfully doing what I was thinking about.

It doesn't look like MCO or SA are recruiting so I guess I'm looking for another 2 or 3 people with the energy to share the work of trying to organise something.

Turiel
11-01-2006, 04:50 PM
SSA, I think their website link may be in the 'Shadowsong Raid Guild Progress' thread.

Gaeline
12-01-2006, 06:28 AM
Dawn is another guild-independent raid alliance, located at www.officialmonkeyfish.net. We aren't recruiting at the time, but your application will be stored for later use.

Psonica
12-01-2006, 06:43 AM
Um, Guilds United is pretty dead and buried .. we started the guild Irksome Invaders instead to create some order in the ranks and it worked pretty well so far.

The problem with GU back then was that on every MC raid there was at least 50% people who never seen the core before and had some obvious problems listening to instructions not to mention follow them. Also equipmentwise most people weren't even good for Strat/Scholo/BRS ...runing around in their sub level 50 greens and such...

But we had a great time I must admit.

Albiona
12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
I remember GU finishing up just before I would have been ready to get involved.

I can imagine the sub-par equipment and inexperience would get frustrating quickly. You'd hope it would sort itself out in time if people were willing to stick with it through the teething troubles.

Worth finding out if there's enough space for another group though. :) Pleased to hear there are at least three going at the moment.