Arn
09-01-2006, 03:02 PM
http://hunterweapon.blogspot.com

Khalam
09-01-2006, 03:56 PM
MCO?

KharneOotD
09-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Tis proof that bad/stupid players can quite easily get into raid groups.

(Disclaimer: not aimed at anybody specifically)

Drauk
09-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Just set a class priority on loot. Problem solved.

Turiel
09-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Indeed, there shouldn't be rules to prevent this happening. There should be rules to prevent retarded people from getting in to your guild.

The hunter who did this (I don't know who) obviously hasn't got a clue. Or at the very least, hasn't got any respect for his guildmates.

Robinvi
09-01-2006, 06:18 PM
OWNED!!! ;)

HAHAHA :lol:

btw: Askandi=Paladin weapon 8)

Chimera
09-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Sucks immensely i know, if id have been there when the win was actually announced, i'd have interviened but alas i was not (although i did hear he was going to bid, just didnt think he`d bid that much, should have stuck around).

But decebalus, keep it off public for fucks sake and quit bitching about it already.

Robinvi
09-01-2006, 06:27 PM
But decebalus, keep it off public for fucks sake and quit bitching about it already.

Everyone knew it anyways :shock:

Chimera
09-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Aye, i have no doubts word spread any slower than Hakkars plague before they fix it upon its entering of IF.

KharneOotD
09-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Sucks immensely i know, if id have been there when the win was actually announced, i'd have interviened but alas i was not (although i did hear he was going to bid, just didnt think he`d bid that much, should have stuck around).

Surely there are others willing to say something?

The main thing that gets me though, is not that it wasn't stopped, it's that there is a hunter doing BWL who is amazingly selfish in the way he acts towards those who are sposed to be his team-mates/friends/guildees (delete where inappropriate).

takfiri
09-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Revenge over him being outbid on that accu band?

Karadros
09-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Sweet Jesus, someone cancel his account. o_o

Chimera
09-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I wasnt around at the time the winner was announced and the weapon looted otherwise would have interviened faster than shadowburns cast time but yes, i weep a thousand tears.

Decebalus
09-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Revenge over him being outbid on that accu band?
not even... (just checked to make sure)...

he wasn't in the raid when i got Band of Accuria... and i didn't bidded my max on that ring also... left plenty of room to be overbidded...

and DPS warriors do have an use for Accuria...
but 2 x Bone Slicing Hatchet are better than The Untamed Blade for a hunter... MUCH better... and they drop in Strat UD...

//edit

anyway... the reason i asked for opinions was that on mc.org forums i got replies like:

"we don't need warriors to do DPS, we have other classes for this..."
"warriors that do DPS require so much more healing than hunters..."
"the hunter may have a good use for that 2h in PvP when he's in melee range..."

Fithvael
10-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Dece's entire attitude to this is shit. MCO has an open approach to loot in that we hope members can be sensible about loot and we can get on killing bosses. But he picks fault with just about every situation where he doesn't get his way. This is the said Hunter's second weapon after the Bow/Stave which he recieved 3 months earlier. If Dece wasn't so insistant in creating his own back catalogue of one-handed weapons perhaps he might have had enough DKP to have won the item. The Hunter apologised, nothing more can be done about it.
Not everyone on this server number crunches stats. Sure it isn't his best weapon, but how much better does it look than a crappy stave?

Ashborn
10-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Any hunter outbidding an actual melee class on a melee weapon that isn't stacked full of obvious hunter stats is basically an idiot. Untamed blade is such a weapon, and the hunter who did it is a bloody retard.

Also, anyone saying you don't need warriors for dps obviously hasn't attempted phase 1 of the nefarian encounter.

Decebalus
10-01-2006, 12:56 PM
come on, Fith... :P

did you got upset because i said that Mantle of the Blackwing Cabal which you got, isn't exactly a priest item?

Ashborn
10-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Also true...

Alverion
10-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Calm yourself Dece, life moves on and so have you.

Chimera
10-01-2006, 01:50 PM

All quotes from single people who in no way represent the views of the leaders or the general raid group (except the second one but thats not much bother anyway.).

But yes, get over it.

Decebalus
10-01-2006, 02:01 PM
i did got over, Chimera...

just wanted to hear other opinions... which i did...

but trying to make ME look bad won't help... anyway, i'll try to ignore such posts in the future...

Fithvael
10-01-2006, 02:07 PM
come on, Fith... :P

did you got upset because i said that Mantle of the Blackwing Cabal which you got, isn't exactly a priest item?

Considering just about everyone but me had epic shoulders? No.

JeFF
10-01-2006, 06:40 PM
i did got over, Chimera...

just wanted to hear other opinions... which i did...

but trying to make ME look bad won't help... anyway, i'll try to ignore such posts in the future...

So you shouldn't be made look bad? So I guess humiliating your group mates by spamming about them in IF general chat isnt bad?

Anyway gratz to SotF, say goodbye to your group morale...

Angwold
11-01-2006, 12:15 AM
If you choose to quote me Decebalus, atleast quote me right and do not take things said out of context.

We need warriors as tanks foremost, as warriors are the only class capable of doing it sucsessfully. If that requirement is satisfed feel free to dps to your hearts content.
I can however understand that you missinterpreted my post about this as i was rather fuzzy in my logic :)

Warriors needs to be up close to the mob and thus take damage at mobs doing heavy AoE as opposed to ranged casters and hunters. Do you disagree with this said by a healer who sees all the damage done to the group constantly? Feel free to go full out with your twohander against Baron Geddon or Shazzrah if you need to learn it the hard way ;)

While this doesnt motivate a hunter outbidding a warrior on the weapon it is still true. Your attitude was that the said hunter should destroy the blade or just keep it in the bank. Thats just not right. The damage has already been done, no point in not using a perfectly good item, even if its just a minor upgrade. It was after all won in a free bidding for less than maxbid with warriors able to outbid the hunters bid, or the very least put in a veto against other classes bidding on it. I don´t recall seeing you do such a thing. It was after the hunter already looted the blade that you raised your voice, and by then it was already too late to do anything about it.

The most annyoing thing though is the fact that internal MCO affairs is spread on public forums, people should be mature enough to not resort to that kind of shitty namecalling, atleast i though that much of you Decebalus.

The hunter has realised the mistake and apologized, but you are unwilling to accept that apology, and continue your badmouthing-campaign wich imho is worse than the first mistake made by the hunter.
You have however never revealed the hunters game-name officially, wich i salute you for.

And all the other people having strong opinion without knowing all the fact and all the procedures of MCO. You should be ashamed of yourself for calling people names without knowing the full story!

Good luck with your new endeavours anyway Decebalus. And a tip: Don´t complain and whine about every little detail all the time, "the boy who cried wolf" you know ;)

/Angwold

Kabhanda
11-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Its all very simple really, firstly I'm a big fan of letting anyone get an item if they have the dkp for it.

However, this relies on one simple proviso, the item is actually of use to them.

So, good hunter weapon? not really, there are many blues which perform better for a hunter.

Good warrior weapon? not really, its outclassed by many 2 handers in bwl, and any serious dps warrior will upgrade away from it quite quickly.

Good paladin weapon? has no int or + heal etc, so no :P

here we clearly see the item is actually either not much use to a class, or something they will likely replace with a month or two, so who gives a flying fuck who gets it?

So, although I wholeheartedly support a hunter's right to bid on this item, I would still question their ability to play their class if they actually think the item is any good for them.