View Full Version : Decursive

Riped
08-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Anyone got problems with decursive since 1.9? It doesn't work for me anymore... Simply answering "Nothing cleared". With new dispell cost and without decursive dispelling on Lucifrom was much harder... I only did dispell but by the end of fight my pool was nearly empty. :(

Talsin
08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
yeah, they changed the cost so decursive really isnt reliable atm(mixed reports) mine was broke aswell, at least the dead priest said so, so just just the /racure command in raidassist (just change your macro for it)

also keep in mind you use about twice the mana with decursing now

sara
08-01-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm having no problems with decursive, but the mana cost increase on dispel is really noticable.

I find it particularly offensive that rank 1 dispel now costs the same as rank 2. They might as well have replaced it completely, like with warrior skills (I presume rogues too, but I only have a warrior).

On Lucifron this week I went OOM, used a MMP, went OOM, was innervated, went OOM (and it still wasn't over).

It's really annoying: alliance can use both paladins and warlocks to take the slack on dispelling. Obviously we can't use shamans in the same way, and warlocks are one of the classes that we didn't have many of to start with...

Offa
08-01-2006, 11:08 PM
used to cost 68 mana (?) to remove lucifron's magic time-bomb from someone... and now it's 200-250 mana (depends on the priest's gear/talents) - if you get lucifron's curse on you it can now cost 400-500 mana to remove the debuff from one raid member.

thank you so much blizzard. :(

Riped
09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm having no problems with decursive, but the mana cost increase on dispel is really noticable.

I find it particularly offensive that rank 1 dispel now costs the same as rank 2. They might as well have replaced it completely, like with warrior skills (I presume rogues too, but I only have a warrior).

Old dispell rank 1 had a problem - sometimes it didn't worked on high level debuffs. Thats why also Decursive was always spamming dispell (rank 2).

It's really annoying: alliance can use both paladins and warlocks to take the slack on dispelling. Obviously we can't use shamans in the same way, and warlocks are one of the classes that we didn't have many of to start with...
As far as I know warlocks dispell (Felhunter's) has a large cooldown...

sara
09-01-2006, 01:17 PM

Old dispell rank 1 had a problem - sometimes it didn't worked on high level debuffs. Thats why also Decursive was always spamming dispell (rank 2).

Decursive can be set to use the rank 1 spell if there's only 1 debuff applied, my point was that now there are precisely zero reasons to use rank 1 once you have rank 2, it costs the same mana, sometimes fails to remove the debuff and can't remove 2 debuffs.

This disproves my point how?

Basically blizzard is seriously mucking with the balance here because of faction differences.

Riped
09-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Decursive can be set to use the rank 1 spell if there's only 1 debuff applied,

That's true. But it was set to cast rank 2 (by default) for some reason and reason is ... (what I've said).

my point was that now there are precisely zero reasons to use rank 1 once you have rank 2, it costs the same mana, sometimes fails to remove the debuff and can't remove 2 debuffs.

Right. And I almost sure this were done because Blizzard couldn't locate and fix problem with dispell Rank 1. So they simply have made dispell rank 1 useless...

Anyways... even with this new dispell cost it still doable to kill Lucifron with 3 priests only (and 35 total number of players in raid). We did it in 1st try... Yes, about 5-8 raid members were dead by the fight end and priests had to drink potions (me atleast with my poor gear), but we did it.

Tho, I have no idea about situation with dispell in the BWL. And what will be in AQ...

This disproves my point how?

Basically blizzard is seriously mucking with the balance here because of faction differences.[/quote]
Why would I disprove your point? :-) That's just a notice. Felhunter won't help much when it comes to dispell.

Elandar
10-01-2006, 07:37 AM
Tho, I have no idea about situation with dispell in the BWL. And what will be in AQ...

I'm pretty sure the mobs will use poisons and diseases like the bugs outside AQ.

Chonar
10-01-2006, 08:50 AM
New and Improved Stoneform ftw.