View Full Version : Ik ben confuus!

Karlsens
22-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Just saw the other thread about lock builds. But i couldnt really find out what was what O_O

Im currently leveling my lock, and its going to be for PvE and later on only MC and ZG. So i need some help about the lock builds.

Atm im level 30 and 100% affliction (Doing some lifedrain, corruption nightfall thingy)

But i think i could be better off with some point in the other tree's

Thank you :)

Soulrender
22-12-2005, 09:28 PM
just go master demonologist/ruin or affliction/master demonologist

Ashborn
22-12-2005, 09:33 PM

God. Wtf is up with all the md/ruin people. Stupidest spec ever.

Karlsens
22-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Then teach me the real shit Ashen O_o

Kabhanda
22-12-2005, 10:08 PM
I would say based on how you responded to helpful comments on warrior spec, chances are you will ignore all advise, and make your own shit spec.

Karlsens
22-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Based on the responds to everything i take this as a harmless flame attempt.

Ill go and make my own shit spec then!

Always nice too see you pop by Khlysti. And please by PM tell me what i did wrong in the warrior thread thank you so much!

Soulrender
22-12-2005, 10:17 PM
so whats ur "great" spec then, ashen?

Solkaner
22-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Pretty decent PvE spec imo. Not that id ever go that high in the Demo tree without getting Soul Link though.

Ashborn
22-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Indeed. Getting master demonologist without going up to soul link is just plain silly.

As for what I think is a good spec, feel free to look at page 1 of the talent advice thread, posted several ones I think are decent.

Fester
22-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Ignore Ashen on this particular subject. MD/Ruin is a decent allround spec, though as an ally you're not really that dependant on the aggro-reduction that MD gives when you're running around with imp out. I take Ruin over soul-link because IF I'm getting hit in PvE, something is wrong - I shouldn't need Soul Link. And having Ruin makes me able to somewhat compete with the mages when it comes to nuking.
I've also become rather fond of sacrificing Voidwalker for the Fel Stamina buff... helps out loads in endurance fights.

----
Edit: Meant ignore the first post by Ashen, didn't see the Post above this one before I actually posted this

Ashborn
22-12-2005, 10:26 PM
That's the problem. It's 'decent'. It doesn't excel at *anything*.

Fester
22-12-2005, 10:32 PM
It DOES excel at not giving you aggro, as it's the only way of getting an aggro reducer. And it's decent for all other uses

Taurusos
23-12-2005, 08:26 AM
It DOES excel at not giving you aggro, as it's the only way of getting an aggro reducer. And it's decent for all other uses

Karlsen, ignore that prick priest.

Seems like our warlocks have to worry about aggro, well well, aint that the first...*points at sig*

/Tau

Soulrender
23-12-2005, 01:07 PM
yeah, right, soul link for MC, when u got imp for sta buff and he gets pwned by the damage u share...

Chimera
23-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Soul link would be useless in MC/ZG as there is too much AoE going on and anything other than a phase shifted imp will die almost every fight.

Id suggest something like:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warlock/talents.html?2500250512201005123000000000000000505 0004100000000

Dark pact with some of the good points in the other two trees. The imp regens 200 mana per tick whilst not firing spell and dark pact does not interupt this regeneration meaning you can fight for /much/ longer. Better HS and Imp are beneficial to the whole raid for the extra stamina/health gained. Then some of the good points in Destruction such as shadowburn which is an essential talent for solo/PvP and 4 points in devastation for the 4% extra crit chance and of course the .5 casting time reduction in shadowbolt.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warlock/talents.html?2500250512201005000000000000000000505 0005122000100

Your bog standard SM/Ruin build. High DPS with this although you may want to watch your critting otherwise you`ll likely pull aggro off the tank. If you dont like life drain (for some odd reason) you can always put more points in suppression/imp CoA as is the same for the first build.

Id post a destro build but the majority of MC is immune/resistant to fire;)

Hephaestos
23-12-2005, 09:53 PM
MD/Ruin RULES in PVE raid content.

you get a bonus on your sta, you get better healthstones, better voidwalker AND pet bonusi from MD not to mention the improved bloodpact.

SL has 0 use in pve raids, Ruin has a lot more use.
If a lock would only care about being as efficient as possible in PVE raid content then md/ruin is THE way to go.

Any other spec would either lower your damage or make you put out so much dmg you get aggro way too fast (hey ashen? fire spec with BoS and you still aggro the shit out of everything?

Sure if your PVP oriented and dont give a rats ass about lower raid boost and less effectiveness in pve then go either 7/7/37 or some variant of that.

but conflag has a verry low usage in pve as its a lot of burst damage and that is pretteh much the only thing high up in the destro tree thats usefull.

Sl: also useless for raid pve, you shouldnt get hit.

One of the reasons ashen advocates md/ruin blows is because he has no need of the aggro reducing imp + additional raid boost. other then that I would rate ashens lifetime in BWL without BoS around 3 seconds after he cast his first offencive spell on a target ;-)

aaanywho

since your a lvling lock i could highly suggest going for demonic sacrefice. Personally i havent tried that build for lvling since demo sucked back in the days. but I use it a LOT to farm now and severely lowers downtime.

You might wanna combine demo sac with improved life tap, and some stuff in destruction should lower downtime. (u just nuke stuff)

- Heph

oh and chim: imp coa? 3 talent points for +2dps? hah ^_^

Also, why darkpact if you can lifetap?

Fester
25-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Thank you to Heph for clearing that up! Though I would add, that going for the 31 talent skill makes you rather well-balanced for PvP also. The Master Demonologist (tons of resist all) buff from the felhunter coupled with Soul Link should equal even more caster pwnage than usual.

And, as stated, the Fel Stamina buff gained from demonic-sac'ing your voidwalker completely negates the use of Dark Pact - you will regen health faster than you can lifetap your way out of it... or so it seems. Of course, this way you won't have any demon to keep mobs at bay, so you're pretty much forced to nuke them down before they reach you.

And thank you Taurusos, for showing yet another facet of your laughable self. Glad I'm not one of "your" warlocks, but then again, so are you... moron. Now stop stalking me, and contribute with whatever it is you feel you know about warlocks and their builds.

Edit: Karlsen, it seems like you might learn more in this thread (contains Hephaestos-like explanations, and not just random stabs of ridicule):
Click (http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=0&page=viewtopic&t=210&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Myriima
25-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Destruction rocks in ZG / BWL. Not all mobs are immune to fire anymore, actually, you will encounter mobs extremely resistant to shadow. Having the option of using either fire or shadow is extremely nice. In BWL, lots of encounters need you to take mobs down quick, Destro burst damage does an extremely nice job at it, without having to sacrifice shards for a shadowburn. ZG?90% of it is trash clearing, and the mobs usually go down before I can use a second shadowbolt. As a Destro built, you will contribute nicely there. Even in MC, most mobs are not immune to fire.

If you want to solely play PVE, MD / Ruin is a great build. If you want to PVP too though, its the suckiest build available. Can you use it in BGs? Of course. Does it compare to Destro burst damage or SL survivability? No way in hell.

Hephaestos
26-12-2005, 01:10 AM
Destruction rocks in ZG / BWL

With BoS, sure i'd take it myself if we had bos =) without it you can do more damage with MD-ed imp then without tho.
and yes MD/Ruin sucks for pvp. its decent (yet shard eating) for duels.

But in open pvp... brrrr just 1 insta dot, no gadgets like conflag, NF, SL.

But then again, you dont need all that crap in pve raid content. its either useless or a big fat aggro magnet.

MD/Ruin = 100% pve minded (aggro reduction and "flat" dmg)

SL/something = partially pvp with some pve (survivability)

SM/something = bit more pvp, some pve (gadgets and some burst)

full destro = 100% pvp (no aggro reduction a lot of burst dmg)