View Full Version : PvE - Instance soloing

Nimbus
20-12-2005, 08:41 PM
I am wondering a little bit what the highest level instance people have soloed is? Maybe its the same for all classes, or some classes are simply better suited for solo PvE?

By soloing i mean killing more than 80% of the mobs and more than 80% of the bosses or something. A stealth run to a boss that can be stunlocked or xploit-killed doesnt really count as soloing an instance i think.

I have not tested my own limits, just remember i couldnt solo Herod but that was a few months ago. Maybe its time to try again as my gear is now more purple than green. Doubt I could handle ZF solo.

So if you think this is interesting, post your class, talent build layout, color of majority of your gear and the highest level instance you have soloed.

Orad
20-12-2005, 09:04 PM
60 Paladin, Blues and Greens,31/20 Retri/Holy

I have cleared Scarlet monastery solo. Paladins were designed for such things.

I'm told ZF can be soloed by Paladins but that seems a bit much, certain araes would be painfully slow.

Karlsens
20-12-2005, 09:26 PM
i soloed SM too... not hard at all O_O (maybe if youre not very carefull and miss-pulls :P

Uldaman isnt really impossible eigther i think. But anything higher i cant imagine. Dunno the classes well enough to know what kinda tricks they can do to get through!

Magnar
20-12-2005, 09:28 PM
I don't think a warrior without fire resistance could solo the boss in gnomeregan :)

Akrea
20-12-2005, 09:56 PM
hmm... has to be Ragefire Chasm... tho i have not tried any other instance^^

Fester
20-12-2005, 11:02 PM
You're underestimating yourself =P I bet you could do Shadowfang Keep without breaking a sweat ^^

Kabhanda
20-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Ive done most of maraudon solo, takes bloody ages tho.

For something doable in a sane amount of time, SM is about my best.

Fester
20-12-2005, 11:17 PM
When you say Maraudon solo, do you mean the entire damn thing? Or just 80% like the OP suggested? I'm just curious about the princess being soloable - I remember her as being rather painful X_x

Kabhanda
20-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Princess is easy actually, noxion i find far harder :P

Locowar
21-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Highest I've done so far is SM, good place to grind for cash:P

Ailith
21-12-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm just curious about the princess being soloable - I remember her as being rather painful X_x

AFAIK Princess is soloable by priests and locks by using dots and running away or something ;o

Cassina
21-12-2005, 01:33 AM
ZF main boss is easy, even with crap gear like I had then:
http://richard.phpfuture.net:8080/downloads/pictures/WoW/ZF_solo3.jpg

Didn't try the infamous "steps" though.

tedde
21-12-2005, 05:25 AM
Havent tried that many but
Deadmines
Stockades
(some instance in barrens)
and it all stopped in SM
managed to do all but the boss in the church in SM but then the ghosts in the esiest part got nerfed drops and the fun was gone.
Been in mauradon as frostmage trying to lvl a bit at lvl 58 , saw some nice aoe action in there in a movie a long time ago.

TheFallen
21-12-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm just curious about the princess being soloable - I remember her as being rather painful X_x

AFAIK Princess is soloable by priests and locks by using dots and running away or something ;o

Hunters can easily kite her aswell.

do a /who maraudon. Be amazed :)

LightSide
21-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Tried Uldaman once, but then half way through I remembered (sp?) how much I hated that place :(.

Soulrender
21-12-2005, 12:39 PM
A stealth run to a boss that can be stunlocked or xploit-killed doesnt really count as soloing an instance i think.
so what bosses would THAT be?

hmm, soloing princess with lock? you must tell me more about that :D

Tsarina
21-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Princess is easy actually, noxion i find far harder :P
I struggle with Noxion too. In fact, I haven't managed to solo him yet. All the adds make him tricky for a hunter. I haven't tried post epics, though. Should make some difference.

Chonar
21-12-2005, 06:11 PM
I don't think a warrior without fire resistance could solo the boss in gnomeregan :)

Hahaha!
Those bombs do like.. what? 200 damage? He's killed before more than 4 of them are spawned. I killed him just a week ago I think.

Scarlet Monestary solo'd here too, and everything in Uldaman up to the tablet thing that needs 3 people to activate.

Artia
22-12-2005, 03:39 AM
Did parts of Sunken Temple solo with my druid. Been thinking of duo'ing the place with a pala for those drakebands, think I'll try soon.

Tasja
22-12-2005, 04:09 AM
Scarlet and Dmines are easy never tried more actualy but wil try mauradon somtime.

Ive done brd a bit solo just to get burning essence, and u got to kill some mob packs before the vault actualy.
if ur a good hunter u can easy get the burning essence whit no prob :razz:

grts Kess :roll:

Chonar
22-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Nerf feign death. :P

Abberare
22-12-2005, 12:27 PM

Hahaha!
Those bombs do like.. what? 200 damage? He's killed before more than 4 of them are spawned. I killed him just a week ago I think.

Scarlet Monestary solo'd here too, and everything in Uldaman up to the tablet thing that needs 3 people to activate.

Same for rogue, I've killed him a few times, never used fire res gear. As Chonar says, he's dead too quick for the bombs to get you :)

Alverion
22-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Some bosses in Uldaman, everything in Maraudon except Noxxion, however, I did use a Greater Nature Protection against Princess which probably made it infinitely easier.

Can solo Incendius in BRD and Plugger : b

Haven't been able to kill Angerforge or any of the other bosses in BRD yet, hoping to solo for Hand of Justice (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=16361) at some point : b

Uxon
02-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I've kinda solo'd the blood elf boss in DM east solo (lethendris?) , had someone else kill the imp for me though.

Want to try Mr Palid in strad ud solo some time, think it would be fun. :)

2 man instance runs is the way forward though, saw a video of a 2 man LBRS run. :D including urok and wrym. (paladin and warrior if you're wondering)

takfiri
02-01-2006, 02:33 PM

Soloable by rogues. LOT of hard work needed to get the strat down, though, no real point apart from the omgwtf factor.

Senister
03-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Uldaman bosses are easy... i've not tried to do all the mobs but, most bosses are doable alone.