View Full Version : New spec = Roxbox!

Karlsens
16-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Yesterday i respecced to a dualwield build, and omg i think its funny and effective!

My spec is like this:

Arms Talents - 19 points
Deflection rank 2/5
Improved Rend rank 3/3
Improved Charge rank 2/2
Tactical Mastery rank 5/5
Improved Overpower rank 1/2
Anger Management rank 1/1
Deep Wounds rank 3/3
Impale rank 2/2

Fury Talents - 32 points
Cruelty rank 5/5
Unbridled Wrath rank 5/5
Improved Cleave rank 3/3
Piercing Howl rank 1/1
Blood Craze rank 3/3
Dual Wield Specialization rank 5/5
Enrage rank 5/5
Flurry rank 5/5

- The positive things:
You can handle 2+ mobs easily
I deal nice dmg (I think its as good as 2h! But its easier to handle 2 mobs!)
Effective for grinding
Its fun as hell

- The negative things:
I dont have alotta life, and ill loose it quickly.

Im looking forward to try it on the IMPS in MC or some bats/snakes in ZG!

Ill try to upload some clips with me in action later on!

Cya!

Taurusos
16-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Maybe im from te old school, but...

1- I miss Deathwish in there

2- Unbridled Wrath, reconsider this....with dual wield you already get plenty of rage, why waste 5 talent points here?

3- id say finance your arms so you at least get imp overpower 2/2

4- put points on Imp BS instead of Bloodcraze, the amount of HP u gain dont help much and dont worry about sta, you get better gear as you go along.

/Tau

Karlsens
16-12-2005, 09:16 AM
i choose piercing howl rather than 1p overpower. I think overpoer is great when you got a heavy 2 hander but for my small lousy 1handers atm, its really not worth it i think.

I got 5 unbriddled wrath simply to get to the 10 points.

And besides that i love that extra rage when spamming cleave's. Anyway! Ill try it out and se if your help will do better later on :)

Thanks for the reply!

Taurusos
16-12-2005, 09:34 AM
i choose piercing howl rather than 1p overpower. I think overpoer is great when you got a heavy 2 hander but for my small lousy 1handers atm, its really not worth it i think.

I got 5 unbriddled wrath simply to get to the 10 points.

And besides that i love that extra rage when spamming cleave's. Anyway! Ill try it out and se if your help will do better later on :)

Thanks for the reply!

NP man :)

/Tau

Kabhanda
16-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Overpower is very nearly free damage (5 rage = joke), so using it whenever its up is still sensible even with a 1 hander, therefore getting 2/2 makes sense.

Also no bloodthirst seriously gimps your damage, as a furry warrior you really should be generating so much rage you dont know what to do with it, bloodthirst is an extra instant that isnt relying on your crappy 1 hander for its damage, therefore its well worth having.

Karlsens
16-12-2005, 04:59 PM
I can tell that i went to UBRS today and dealth some sweet dmg. I know its sucky to compare myself with people from pickup groups but still:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/Karlsens/dmgmeters.jpg

Flawless
17-12-2005, 01:52 PM
I've came top in UBRS the mobs are a joke for getting insane crits on. Try doing it in a long drawn out instance to get a better average on your damage i.e. MC

But without having Bloodthirst you are gimping your self, as Khylsti said.

Karlsens
19-12-2005, 09:28 AM
We did MC last night... Before we got to the imps and hound packs i was #1... I guess its ok for DMG, but im not aiming to be the #1 on the DMG list. Just to do alotta dmg is fine :)

Turiel
19-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Look at the people in that group, no wonder you scored high... "Tomcruz", "Britney", "Cyberdream", "Schwonky"...! :P

Flawless
19-12-2005, 04:49 PM
I was going to say that but, Can't crush his spirit just as harsh :P

Flawless
19-12-2005, 04:53 PM
I was going to say that but, Can't crush his spirit just as harsh :P

Malrazor
19-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Yesterday i respecced to a dualwield build, and omg i think its funny and effective!

My spec is like this:

Arms Talents - 19 points
Deflection rank 2/5
Improved Rend rank 3/3
Improved Charge rank 2/2
Improved Overpower rank 1/2
Deep Wounds rank 3/3
Impale rank 2/2

Fury Talents - 32 points
Cruelty rank 5/5
Unbridled Wrath rank 5/5
Improved Cleave rank 3/3
Piercing Howl rank 1/1
Blood Craze rank 3/3
Dual Wield Specialization rank 5/5
Enrage rank 5/5
Flurry rank 5/5

- The positive things:
You can handle 2+ mobs easily
I deal nice dmg (I think its as good as 2h! But its easier to handle 2 mobs!)
Effective for grinding
Its fun as hell

- The negative things:
I dont have alotta life, and ill loose it quickly.

Im looking forward to try it on the IMPS in MC or some bats/snakes in ZG!

Ill try to upload some clips with me in action later on!

Cya!

I personally don't like that spec very much. I've been reading a lot lately on fury specs and am respeccing too at the moment (from OEB to something like edkhandar or brutality/core hound tooth) and you forgot some really important stuff and you put some points into ... hilarious stuff.

First off the Arms tree:

Deflection - 2 points: omg, what do you want to parry with this ? The evil Mr. Molten Core Giant or the nasty undead rogue in PvP ? Forget Deflection, the 3% Parry increase are much much better into something else.

Improved Charge - 2 points: it's always nice to have some extra rage to start a fight but honestly, a fury warrior goes from 0 to 100 rage in 2 seconds. No need to have these, they can be much better used into something else. (Improved Berserker Rage gives 10 rage and can be used DURING the combat)

Improved Overpower - 1 point: I see your point...shit weapon...not much damage with overpower BUT consider the following: it's one FREE nearly 100% sure FLURRY. What can there be better than to have a talent that let's you proc flurry at will. Go for it all the way, put 2 points into this !

Improved Heroic Strike - 0 points: you're alliance, you have those nasty aggro reducing paladin auras, put some points into this, argh! Dual-Wield is all about HS, you should spam HS for some real nice damage. What else can you do with all that rage ?

Next the fury tree:

Blood Craze: wtf, yell at your healer for not doing his job and skip this !

Piercing Howl: are you doing Razorgore? No ! then skip this.

Improved Battleshout: ARGH, the HORROR, the EVIL ! 5 points into this = 25% more AP. With 800 non-buffed AP (as example), that's 200 more AP. 14 AP is one DPS, so 200/14 = 14.3 increased DPS !!! Now give me ONE GOOD REASON not to want 14 more DPS?

Dual Wield Specialization: a matter of taste...I think you don't need that one but ok, nothing wrong to have.

Improved Execute: put 2 points into this ! less rage costs = more rage left to be transformed into damage

and now the most horrible thing you could have done:

NO Death Wish and NO Bloodthirst. I would have understood if you tried one of these hybrid approaches with flurry and a weapon spec like axes or swords (in the arms tree) but this is just a sacrilege and you will go straight to hell.

20% increased damage for 30 seconds...wow, just think about it. that's like enrage but you can chose when to proc it. That boosts your damage from 200 DPS to 240 DPS (as example), that's just insane. Plus it makes you immune to fear which is nice for pvp.

and bloodthirst, the ultimate 31 points fury talent ! What exactly are you using your rage for ? you have no improved HS for HS spamming, no bloodthirst, no overpower (or overpower which would be worth it) so what are you using all that rage for ?

With 800 AP and improved battleshout, that's 1000 AP. When Crusader procs, that's 1200 AP and now go spam Bloodthirst. 40% of 1200 = 400 damage (not crit) You already need a good weapon to have a 400 damage MS.

Just to help you a bit I added my personal favorite fury build which contains everything you need to rock that DPS charts:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warrior/talents.html?3030502130200000000505300502501005100 000000000000000

Arms Talents - 19 points
Improved Heroic Strike rank 3/3
Improved Rend rank 3/3
Improved Overpower rank 2/2
Deep Wounds rank 3/3

Fury Talents - 32 points
Cruelty rank 5/5
Unbridled Wrath rank 5/5
Improved Cleave rank 3/3
Improved Battle Shout rank 5/5
Improved Execute rank 2/2
Enrage rank 5/5
Death Wish rank 1/1
Flurry rank 5/5
Bloodthirst rank 1/1

it has 3 points in improved cleave but you could consider removing those and doing 1 point in frenzied Howl and 2 in Improved Berserker Rage (or any other combination).

And now go and kick that "cyberdream"s ass and never again let a hunter outdamage you ! :lol:

Chonar
19-12-2005, 07:15 PM
those nasty aggro reducing paladin auras

Oh, the ignorance.

I lol'd.

Tsarina
19-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Oh, the ignorance.

I lol'd.
So did I.

And now go and kick that "cyberdream"s ass and never again let a hunter outdamage you ! :lol:

Azy
19-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Look at the people in that group, no wonder you scored high... "Tomcruz", "Britney", "Cyberdream", "Schwonky"...! :P

Cyberdream is not a bad hunter tho..

Tsarina
19-12-2005, 09:31 PM
By "accident" I called Schwonky "Schwanks" inside AB. He replied with the following tell: "I HOPE YOU GET AIDS FOR CHRISTMAS AND DIE!!"
Some people strike me as odd, but his nick was more than an indication of his personality. I was not extremely surprised.
Nor am I surprised to see an inbred like him on the definite bottom of a DD parser.
I don't know any of the others on the list, but I don't think I would be overly proud to top it.

Taurusos
20-12-2005, 07:19 AM
To add some spice:

Remove BoS and BoK pls.

/Tauthanksyou

Khalam
20-12-2005, 08:44 AM
To add some spice:

Remove BoS and BoK pls.

/Tauthanksyou

lol. you just can't stop, can you?

Taurusos
20-12-2005, 08:52 AM
To add some spice:

Remove BoS and BoK pls.

/Tauthanksyou

lol. you just can't stop, can you?

The BoK part was a joke really.

BoS however, contains certain issues that awakens aggro (!) on horde side.

Cant stop. Wont stop.

/Tau

Rey
20-12-2005, 10:09 AM

roffles indd

you should see the names in 40-49 bg's tho

Karlsens
20-12-2005, 05:44 PM

Sethanon
21-12-2005, 12:33 AM
gief bos aura :(

Malrazor
21-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Im using my rage for cleave.... nuf said!

And i need all that deep wound shit and stuff when the whole built is about making lotsa crits.

I see your point malrazor but my build works fine and i dont need the "ubar" damage boost atm :O

wtf, learn2read. I write you an answer about 2 pages long and all you come up with is that idiotic answer of yours ?

Deep Wound and Impale is still in the Arms tree and I wonder how you cleave a single mob like a boss or so.

I should have saved some time and not write anything.

Karlsens
21-12-2005, 11:06 AM
*edited*

Kabhanda
21-12-2005, 11:59 AM
You have just written that you don't know how to play a warrior, or how to use rage to efficiently deal damage.

I think I can safely ignore anything else you ever say on warriors, as it will be bollocks.

Karlsens
21-12-2005, 12:10 PM
*edited*

Malrazor
21-12-2005, 03:55 PM
You have just written that you don't know how to play a warrior, or how to use rage to efficiently deal damage.

I think I can safely ignore anything else you ever say on warriors, as it will be bollocks.

QFT

just because something works "fine" doesn't mean it couldn't work "better" and if you don't listen to the ones who want to help you...

Karlsens
22-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Then what? The my build isnt optimal... But thats not what im looking for atm.

im using this build because it funny AND it works.

Jonneh
22-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Improved Battleshout: ARGH, the HORROR, the EVIL ! 5 points into this = 25% more AP. With 800 non-buffed AP (as example), that's 200 more AP. 14 AP is one DPS, so 200/14 = 14.3 increased DPS !!! Now give me ONE GOOD REASON not to want 14 more DPS?

Btw improved battleshout only increases the bonus attack power of battle shout, not your overall AP. ATM I have 4/5 imp battle shout and my battle shout gives me 232AP instead of the default 193 or so. 5/5 you'll gain 50 or so more attack power, about 4.5dps.

sara
22-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah, it didn't look like malrazor's point could be right :)

Artia
29-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Would the build Malrazor post work best with dual wielding or with a bigass 2h? I just started a warrior, and was thinking of going fury.

Taurusos
29-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Would the build Malrazor post work best with dual wielding or with a bigass 2h? I just started a warrior, and was thinking of going fury.

dual ofc

/Tau