View Full Version : The emerald dream dragons?

Karlsens
15-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Have they ever been killed on our server?

If not why? And how hard are they? Like nef? onyxia? ragna?

Chimera
15-12-2005, 08:59 AM
MCO has killed Ysondre in Duskwood (first try iirc) but thats the easiest dragon in the easiest spot.

As for the others im not overly sure.

Drauk
15-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Check this thread - http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=0&page=viewtopic&t=728

Morthandeus
16-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Ysondre is easy, Taerar a bit tougher. I'd say both of them are probably easier than Onyxia once you figure out how to deal with the specials.

Emeriss is a pain, one person screwing up can wipe the raid. It's similar in some ways to Onyxia (ie positioning and resist gear is very important) and may become more difficult when 1.9 goes live because of increased mana cost for removing debuffs.

Lethon does a nasty Shadow Bolt Whirl that can eat a raid very quickly and can be a very long fight. Right now I'd rate him as the most difficult of the four emerald dragons.

Cassina
16-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Hive and a few others tried Taerar a couple of nights ago, didn't really get very far though before wiping.
He does scary amounts of damage.

AnteroVipune
16-12-2005, 11:11 AM
What you need is BoS.

It's easy mode with it.

Chonar
16-12-2005, 11:30 AM
What you need is BoS.

It's easy mode with it.

Don't forget Fear Ward! :O

Chimera
16-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Horde just need shamans chain casting frost shock tbh.

Taurusos
16-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Funny to see alliance mock and redicule other faction with 2 skills that in some fights do give you the edge.

What are you after anyway?

It would be different if members of your own faction didnt admit the difference, now, people with cellular functions between their ears, have acknowledged the difference. Its not like its only horde players pointing it out.

You want to get flamed, be my guest.

The day you people have the sense to go through a simple instance such as ZG without BoS (wont happen) then come and LOL on the forums.

Dont wake the sleeping dragon.

/Tau

Taurusos
16-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Horde just need shamans chain casting frost shock tbh.

Aye, nice to see you pointing out a definate aggro-steal when BoS was mentioned.

Knock knock, wake up.

/Tau

Kabhanda
16-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Taurusos, we've done ZG without BoS (well, we only bothered making sure noone had BoS on the aggro sensitive fights). Its really not that hard.

Yes, it means we can do ~40 more damage and not pull aggro, so it means we can do some very aggro sensitive fights a bit quicker, so what. All this really means is alliance raiders are free to take a which wider range of talent specs than horde ones who (for bwl atleast) need to take aggro reducing talents.

There is no fight in this game where a group who defeat it with BoS active will then fail to defeat it if they tried without. (there was one, but firemaw got fixed)

Really sounds to me like you lrn2plai.

Taurusos
16-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Khylsit man, dont go there.

The lrn2plai thing is way old now, and if its anything I do know is how to play my class. Even the horde that hate me know so.

And if you havent noticed, Im always the one first congratulating you on your battles and praise CoI for your progress. Always in a sincere way.

That is one thing, however, what Im doing here is pointing out the fact that it gives an edge in _certain_ battles.

/Taurusos

Abberare
16-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Well we get our threat reduction totems soon anyway :D

Chonar
16-12-2005, 12:38 PM
The reason we're saying it, jokingly mind you, is that on any server where the alliance did something faster/better/stronger/sooner than the Horde, it always got blamed on Fear Ward and BoS, which is of course laughable.

Hephaestos
16-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Chonar u cant deny that fear ward and BoS give you an definate edge in the LEARNING phase of each encounter, making it easier to learn.

Ofcourse once learned bos and fear ward shouldnt even be needed anymore.

The learning curve of encounters is a bit steeper for herd then alliance due to such skills.

- Heph

ps. The aggro reducing totem kinda sucks, u have to put all tanks+1 shaman +warlock in 1 group. because if u dont, and u have 4 tanks, that means that only the 4 other groups can get the totem, leaving it only half as effective

Next to that totem == 20%, BoS = 30%

so in reality the totem isnt half as effective as it might seem at first glance. But then again... aggro reduction is aggro reduction, guess we should be happy..

Chonar
16-12-2005, 01:27 PM
There're other encounters where Horde-specific skills come to mind, where the Horde gets an edge. Razorgore phase1 and Nefarian phase1 come to mind.

An edge, perhaps. The reason? Hardly.

Khalam
16-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Chonar u cant deny that fear ward and BoS give you an definate edge in the LEARNING phase of each encounter, making it easier to learn.

We maybe did Onyxia and magmadar 5 times with Fear Ward. We never had FW when we learned those encounters.

Chonar
16-12-2005, 02:35 PM

We maybe did Onyxia and magmadar 5 times with Fear Ward. We never had FW when we learned those encounters.

This is true, as well. But I think he was speaking in general, not specifically to COI.

dantheman
16-12-2005, 03:21 PM
To CoI, now that you have cleared BWL, will you concentrate on the remaining 3 dragons that you haven't killed?

Turiel
16-12-2005, 06:05 PM
We're concentrating on dying to lag atm :P

But yeah it seems like we'll have a free day or two in our raid schedule until AQ gets released so I'm sure it'll be used to kill the dragons if they're around.