View Full Version : Priest Gear for level 60?

Felwen
09-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi guys,

I have made it to the mighty heights of level 56 and am powering on towards level 60. I am now in the position where I can go to end game instances (end game such as Strat and Scholo not the awesome MC or ZG or even god forbid BWL!) and think about what gear I want to be wearing at level 60.

Has anyone got a list or recommendations of good priest gear? I DO NOT want to be wearing Devout for a couple of reasons, number one a lot of people wear devout and I don't want to look like everyone else and number two one of the reasons I quit WoW the first time around was constantly running the same instances over and over again just hoping for that set item to drop, and wasting 2 hours of my life when it didn't drop. Scholomance in particular became MOST annoying.

Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated guys,

Felwen

captpicard
09-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Dire Maul has some good stuff

Felwen
09-12-2005, 08:11 PM

Thank you for the incredibly insightful and detailed reply. I also hear that you can get good stuff from quests and random drops.

sara
09-12-2005, 08:47 PM
News to me!

Tsarina
09-12-2005, 11:33 PM

Thank you for the incredibly insightful and detailed reply. I also hear that you can get good stuff from quests and random drops.
Dire Maul probably has the best non-epic drops for every class. (Maybe with the exception of a few ZG items.) What Captpicard wrote is more than enough information to dig up the rest your self. Seeing how nice you treat someone who actually does bother to give you a pointer, doesn't exactly encourage me to assist you further.

sara
10-12-2005, 12:56 AM
You can proabably start with the abyssals in Silithus, they drop a nice +healing set, the padre's trousers in DM west are nicer than the pants though.

Cloak of the cosmos from the big demon in west is nice until you get your hide of the wild.

If you are going spirit as major stat (which is what you want as a priest IMO) theres a nice chest off the avatar of hakkar in ST, or you can go mana regen and get the truefaith vestments (but you need 300 tailoring and the pattern isn't the nicest drop rate).

The dancing sliver is a scholo quest, very nice staff for regen, I still use it more than my benediction tbh, there's a really nice epic one from arlokk in ZG too, but that's gonna be a little while off for you :) The emperor in BRD drops a high spirit staff too, but I've only bothered to kill him once, BRD was too annoying and no one horde side really needs anything there.

The blessed prayer beads are really nice, they are better than the other 2 options in the Azshara priest quest.

Hmm, can't think of much else atm, maybe later on.

Kathra
10-12-2005, 02:05 AM
Lies, under your name it clearly states that you are level 54

REROLL THE TRUTH

Turiel
10-12-2005, 04:45 AM
Someone posted a link a couple of weeks ago to a site that lists good items for each class at every level. I could only judge the rogue section really, but it seemed very good. Maybe dig up that link, I'm not too sure where it is.

Felwen
10-12-2005, 06:08 AM

Felwen
10-12-2005, 06:09 AM
You can proabably start with the abyssals in Silithus, they drop a nice +healing set, the padre's trousers in DM west are nicer than the pants though.

Cloak of the cosmos from the big demon in west is nice until you get your hide of the wild.

If you are going spirit as major stat (which is what you want as a priest IMO) theres a nice chest off the avatar of hakkar in ST, or you can go mana regen and get the truefaith vestments (but you need 300 tailoring and the pattern isn't the nicest drop rate).

The dancing sliver is a scholo quest, very nice staff for regen, I still use it more than my benediction tbh, there's a really nice epic one from arlokk in ZG too, but that's gonna be a little while off for you :) The emperor in BRD drops a high spirit staff too, but I've only bothered to kill him once, BRD was too annoying and no one horde side really needs anything there.

The blessed prayer beads are really nice, they are better than the other 2 options in the Azshara priest quest.

Hmm, can't think of much else atm, maybe later on.

Thanks very much Sara I'll check those out, I have seen the abyssal sets before and liked them but didn't know where they came from and couldn't afford to buy them.

Thanks again,

Fel

sara
10-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Postmaster Malown drops a 17 spirit ring (unfortunately unique).

Or you could go with the emerald flame ring from the prince in DM west, it's not unique and has fairly nice stats.

Khirtanos (the gargoyle guy in Scholo) drops a 15 spirit necklace (it's a toss-up whether it or the lei of lilies is better, but given your stated preference to not grind instances the lei may be easier to come by).

Nivellen
10-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Someone posted a link a couple of weeks ago to a site that lists good items for each class at every level. I could only judge the rogue section really, but it seemed very good. Maybe dig up that link, I'm not too sure where it is.
You must mean this site - http://www.wow-loot.com

I totally forgot about that one, it seems unpopular but someone put in A LOT of work into it. It's great, one of the best imo.

KharneOotD
10-12-2005, 11:46 PM
I wrote a big long post but then my computer 'errored' and it was lost so i'll just type a brief summary of what i remember. :lol:

Ok, first off you already know Devout Set isn't very good, which is a good start. You also now know that Dire Maul has uber priest loot which puts you in very good stead.

Now is where my advice is going to radically differ from that which Sara posted. Not saying her method does not work, nothing of the sort, merely saying what i use. Sara's build relies on high spirit mixed with the 'meditation' skill in the discipline tree for mana regen during long fights. Mainly Molten Core and the like is where this kind of gear really shines. However, i prefer 'x mana per 5 sec' gear over spirit. I also believe +healing sets are very effective due to more healed= less healing needed= less heals= less mana spent. My gear relies heavily on mana regen with a healthy dose of +healing, intellect and stamina. I treat spirit as inferior to intellect, +healing and +mana per 5 sec.
I have a few epics heavily reliant on mana per 5 sec (Amberseal Keeper/Manastorm Leggings/Belt of Proph/Halo of Trans etc) but a lot of my gear is accessable from those 5man instances. Farming them may not seem fun but remember, this is the bread and butter of a priest. This is where you improve and become a better player imo. 5 man instances are a true test of mettle because if something goes wrong you have nobody to cover your back.

Anyways, a few pieces of my gear gettable fairly easily:

2 X Ring of Demonic Guile (Dire Maul East- satyr boss at end)
Mindsurge Robe (Dire Maul North- Tribute)
Mana Channeling Wand (Dire Maul West- Kalendris)
Archivist Cape of ..... (I use healing but farming for a particular one would be far too time consuming so owl/eagle/intellect would all be great also.) (Stratholme, Scarlet Side. Archivist Galford.
Shadowy Laced Handwraps (Stratholme Undead. Anistari)
There is a wrist enchant purchasable when honoured with Argent Dawn for 4 mana//5sec on wrists.

Mix those with some decent other blues and you have yourself a very good set of gear to start raiding with.

Kabhanda
11-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Mana chanelling wand is a drop from the obsever in dm north (the guy next to the ogre king)

kalrendis drops the mindtap talisman, which is also worth getting.

KharneOotD
11-12-2005, 01:59 AM
Mana chanelling wand is a drop from the obsever in dm north (the guy next to the ogre king)

kalrendis drops the mindtap talisman, which is also worth getting.

Aye, sorry. Deleted a line by accident. Khly's post outlines the two that were wrong.

sara
11-12-2005, 02:58 PM
I wrote a big long post but then my computer 'errored' and it was lost so i'll just type a brief summary of what i remember. :lol:

Ok, first off you already know Devout Set isn't very good, which is a good start. You also now know that Dire Maul has uber priest loot which puts you in very good stead.

Now is where my advice is going to radically differ from that which Sara posted. Not saying her method does not work, nothing of the sort, merely saying what i use. Sara's build relies on high spirit mixed with the 'meditation' skill in the discipline tree for mana regen during long fights. Mainly Molten Core and the like is where this kind of gear really shines. However, i prefer 'x mana per 5 sec' gear over spirit. I also believe +healing sets are very effective due to more healed= less healing needed= less heals= less mana spent. My gear relies heavily on mana regen with a healthy dose of +healing, intellect and stamina. I treat spirit as inferior to intellect, +healing and +mana per 5 sec.
I have a few epics heavily reliant on mana per 5 sec (Amberseal Keeper/Manastorm Leggings/Belt of Proph/Halo of Trans etc) but a lot of my gear is accessable from those 5man instances. Farming them may not seem fun but remember, this is the bread and butter of a priest. This is where you improve and become a better player imo. 5 man instances are a true test of mettle because if something goes wrong you have nobody to cover your back.

Anyways, a few pieces of my gear gettable fairly easily:

2 X Ring of Demonic Guile (Dire Maul East- satyr boss at end)
Mindsurge Robe (Dire Maul North- Tribute)
Mana Channeling Wand (Dire Maul West- Kalendris)
Archivist Cape of ..... (I use healing but farming for a particular one would be far too time consuming so owl/eagle/intellect would all be great also.) (Stratholme, Scarlet Side. Archivist Galford.
Shadowy Laced Handwraps (Stratholme Undead. Anistari)
There is a wrist enchant purchasable when honoured with Argent Dawn for 4 mana//5sec on wrists.

Mix those with some decent other blues and you have yourself a very good set of gear to start raiding with.

Ironically I don't have meditation http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priests/talents.html?5002301000000000550155500215150000000 0000000 is my build. I use gheal by preference which gives me lots of time outside the 5s rule with full spirit regen, which is always better than any amount of /5s gear that you can get on equipment. +Healing gear is nice, but when you heal 2.7-3k per heal it's wasted on most non-tanks.

I've actually got full prophecy now and my +healing is wasted on most tanks too, I really don't know what the point of a new rank of gheal is, unless the AQ sets give tanks 12k hp or something...

KharneOotD
11-12-2005, 03:30 PM
What heal i use depends on the situation. Obviously if i can get away with Gheal i do so as it's mana efficiency is much better.
I'm rather intrigued how you manage to get outside the 5sec rule so often. After a GHeal, in most bosses in MC i can't give myself 5secs+regen time between heals. Don't take this as though i am questioning that you do indeed do it. Merely asking how :D

sara
11-12-2005, 05:08 PM
If you have master healer then you actually heal faster than using flash heals, in addition to healing more per mana. GHeal is all round better if your tank can't survive the 3.5s to cast gheal then he wouldn't survive your chaining flash heal either.

As of the change to the 5s rule (so that it only kicks in when the spell is cast, rather than when you start casting) it's pretty easy to get 1 tick of spirit regen with gheal (your tank normally isn't taking a constant 1k dps). That can be enough to prolong the fight in situations where you need to solo heal, but there isn't really a boss fight where you wouldn't have the support of at least a druid if you needed it, and most fights you are prolonging your mana bar until the other healers are free to come help you out.

Anyway, back on topic there's the 'Faded Hakkari Cloak' which you get from a really long quest chain (the one which starts with 'Screecher Spirits' from Steamwheedle) you need to go to ZF, Jintha'Alor, ST, EPL and LBRS to finally get it though :) Gives nice mana/5s if you are that way inclined.

Or there's a 16 spirit +7 fire res cloak from Ambassador Flamelash in BRD (Cape of the Fire Salamander, I use it most of the time)

Fithvael
12-12-2005, 08:52 AM
That or something like Archivist Cape of the Owl from the Archivist in Scarlet Strat.

akronimia
20-12-2005, 09:36 AM
2 X Ring of Demonic Guile / 2x seal of rivendare
Mindsurge Robe
Mana Channeling Wand
hide of the wild
Shadowy Laced Handwraps
padre trousers
2x mindtap talisman
dragonrider boots
the darkmoonfaire regen amulet or av one
wrist, 7 stam / 17 int ones forgot the name,
for head i used (still use) the ubrs fire res thing, forgot the name aswell

Morthandeus
20-12-2005, 03:27 PM
At a guess I think Akronimia is referring to the Starfire Tiara (http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=12604) which certainly served me very well :)

KharneOotD
20-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Aye she is :D .
The wrist item she mentioned is Magiskull Cuffs.

Karlsens
21-12-2005, 08:34 AM
http://69.41.171.43/

Falin
27-12-2005, 01:21 AM
Oh that's easy fel. Just be really really really lucky

Head - 1st run scholo
Skirt - 1st run UD strat
Gloves - 1st run Scarlet strat
Bracers - 1st run Scarlet strat
Belt - Bought [obviously]
feet - 3rd run strat