View Full Version : BWL lag.

Drauk
02-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, we started our wipes in BWL, and of course The Lag hits. However for some reason only about 50% of the people lagging. The other half do just fine. Is this happens to everybody else as well ?

Decebalus
02-12-2005, 11:11 AM
yep...

at Razorgore, depending on the time of day and probably some ancient gods that Blizzard forgot to bribe you can have as much as 50% of the raid with latency that makes the encounter impossible...

sometimes if you take a break of 30-40 mins it will go away...

i have come to the conclusion that it has to do with the internet traffic from different providers to Blizzard's servers... and in that fight the traffic is much higher (checked my traffic during the fight)... Blizzard has suggested that it has to do with CT_Raid, but i'm not too sure about that...

some people were lagging at Vael also, but lowering video settings and disabling add-ons improved things for some...

i almost ALWAYS lag heavily at Razorgore (last time i got disconnected 4-5 times during 2 attempts) but i NEVER lagged at Vael or in the Supression room...

generally speaking, lag is to be expected in BWL...

actually now what makes the Razorgore encounter hard for us is the lag... :(

Kabhanda
02-12-2005, 01:06 PM
From my experience here its quite simple, you get horrible lag in bwl if your connection is poor. Its nothing to do with the blizz network otherwise the whole raid would be affected. If you have dire lag in bwl, run a tracert during that lag. See the results, contact your isp and tell them your connection sucks, and at what point. :)

Alia
02-12-2005, 01:07 PM
I blame CoI for the lag :P

Chonar
02-12-2005, 04:50 PM
I blame CoI for the lag :P

Blame Nefarian then. :(

Chimera
07-12-2005, 12:04 AM
From my experience here its quite simple, you get horrible lag in bwl if your connection is poor. Its nothing to do with the blizz network otherwise the whole raid would be affected. If you have dire lag in bwl, run a tracert during that lag. See the results, contact your isp and tell them your connection sucks, and at what point. :)

Lies.

Yes and BWL lag stops a raiding alliances progression /very/ well. Cost us like 2 weeks on razorgore, although its been getting better.

Bluebird
08-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Lies.

Yes and BWL lag stops a raiding alliances progression /very/ well. Cost us like 2 weeks on razorgore, although its been getting better.

Everyone is affected, CoI have cancelled many a raid due to lag. Just wait 'til your ATI users get to Chrommagus and beyond.

Offa
09-12-2005, 10:18 PM
horde side is no different.. better than it used to be, but still we get some people crippled by lag every now and then

Chimera
14-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Another night of horrible horrible lag. Managed to lag from start of the fight to death for a hole encounter more or less. Kinda fun to watch it play out in fast forward. Cue one very pissy abusive Ticket and a very apologetic GM without the expected handing out of (another) ban.