View Full Version : Scatter shot & Big red pet

Narf
01-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Well, I was playing AB recently :) And I sent my cute little pet to the one and only Bergrar :p I let my pet be big and red and Bergrar just did a scatter shot on him which worked O_o Anyone can like, explain that? I mean, it says '...and it cannot be stoppedz0r'.

:\

Gruze
01-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, I was playing AB recently :) And I sent my cute little pet to the one and only Bergrar :p I let my pet be big and red and Bergrar just did a scatter shot on him which worked O_o Anyone can like, explain that? I mean, it says '...and it cannot be stoppedz0r'.

:\

Not stopped but confused perhaps ? :P

Narf
01-12-2005, 09:33 PM
That doesn't make sense :p

Ashborn
01-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Seems disorient effects work on bw. I use iron grenades to get a breather from the stupid interrupts.

Then again, gouge is a disorient too. Judging from how much rogues whine about bm hunters, it doesn't work on bw pets... Beh. 'tis strange.

Fester
01-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Did you go Goblin or Gnomish Ashen? (I'm thinking Goblin, for the boom-part, but Gnomish has some interesting gadgets)

Ashborn
01-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Gnomish. Altho for my purposes, it makes fuck-all difference.

Tsarina
02-12-2005, 01:55 AM
Afaik, these thingies (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=8147) work on enraged pets.
I do find it amusing that Berg was fighting your pet, though. (And no, there is no possibility that he actually changed target for scatter and then back to his original target. I have seen him fight many times.)

Ashborn
02-12-2005, 02:10 AM
Been meaning to try that out properly, but the pearls are annoying to farm :/

Narf
02-12-2005, 11:37 PM
I do find it amusing that Berg was fighting your pet, though. (And no, there is no possibility that he actually changed target for scatter and then back to his original target. I have seen him fight many times.)

In wsg, it was one on one. I killed him :\ I had 2000hp left :\ Because i drained him and deadzone/shot him to death... He just walked backwards -.-'

Fràr
04-12-2005, 06:10 AM
He just walked backwards -.-'

hmm sounds like a noob hunter, im sure he was just having a "blonde moment" like we all experiance sometimes 8)

Narf
04-12-2005, 11:31 AM
He just walked backwards -.-'

hmm sounds like a noob hunter, im sure he was just having a "blonde moment" like we all experiance sometimes 8)

Gah, i've seen him walk backwards when a warrior was at him -.-'

Tsarina
04-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Thats all he ever does.

Tyra
09-12-2005, 08:51 PM
He must have gotten a lot worse since I left? 'Cause I don't remember him doing that. Ok maybe a few times, but always? :roll:

Almost all of you hate him, fair enough, does that make him suck in PvP?

Ashborn
09-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Not necessarily, but he does suck.

Tyra
09-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Not necessarily, but he does suck.

You talk like he's way below average, and he's not, and I know that, been playing with him pretty much actually...

I mean, a lot of people are really hopeless at PvP, so hopeless it's kinda hard to believe. No offence to anyone, but he's really not like that ^^

Tsarina
09-12-2005, 11:20 PM
I mean, a lot of people are really hopeless at PvP, so hopeless it's kinda hard to believe. No offence to anyone, but he's really not like that ^^
He really is like that. I don't hate Bergrar. According to what he told my alt, he considers me a friend. And for some time I thought the same about him. It has nothing to do with dislike for the person. He really does suck. When he gets attacked, he walks backwards. Some times in a semi-circle. And thats it. Every time. You have never seen him do anything else, because thats the end of his repertoir. Watching him fight, is like watching Matrix. Everything is in slow motion. Suddenly he freezes for no apparent reason, then walks backwards again. He fights in matrix mode and gives the term bullet time a new meaning.
I didn't want to turn this into a "Berg sucks" thread, but claiming that he doesn't is a lie too extreme to let pass.

Tyra
10-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Ah well, let's just forget it. Arguing is so pointless if I can't make you think the same as me :P

soulshift
10-12-2005, 11:06 AM
The brave exploits of Zergrar in AB.
(Sorry for the poor quality)

http://tinypic.com/ie4egl.jpg

Totally stunned by a mage which used blink, then an AoE skill and then runs behind him, he just stands there watching the entire field full with courage in his heart.

http://tinypic.com/ie4epx.jpg

A bear is sniffing his butt, but the allmight bergrar doesn't mind.
He just runs around trying to survive without doing anything back.
I had to save our great leader by using scare beast, a secret tactic only known by a few elite bergrar loving hunters it seems.

http://tinypic.com/ie4g38.jpg

Again our brave leader gets attacked by a mage and just stands there looking at the grass or whatever.

So do I need to start making video's when with bergrar in AB cause he ran like 5times and did stupid stuff in AB...

And sorry for making this an anti-bergrar post, it's not like I hate him but I do hate his little fanboi's who praise the guy who told people to die in orgrimmar while he stood outside with PvP OFF(!!!) and getting honour points.

dantheman
10-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Well, one on one, Bergrar is a joke however...What he does do is organise his team well. But PvP skills...no.
I never see him with less than 2 body guards at any one time tbh.

soulshift
10-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Well, one on one, Bergrar is a joke however...What he does do is organise his team well. But PvP skills...no.
I never see him with less than 2 body guards at any one time tbh.

He wasn't organising anything.
Some Konmar guy, a russian(?) was...
Berg just ran around like a happy camper. -_-''

We lost btw....1950/2000.

Tsarina
10-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Thats because it isn't Bergrar playing his account. The real Berg is a decent organiser. The fake one has the same skill, but not the same leader abilities.

Jurgan
10-12-2005, 02:27 PM
So where's the real one?

Locowar
10-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah Bergrar always walks backwards... is he trying to moonwalk or something?

TheFallen
11-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah Bergrar always walks backwards... is he trying to moonwalk or something?

Rumours say that he had some bad experience with turning his behind towards a certain orc warrior.. I think he never got over that horror.. :( :cry:

Locowar
11-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Ewww, just because NE males are gay.. doesnt mean.. euhm... :P
I love the green ladies. *wink* :P

dantheman
11-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Moral of the story?

If you are a NE male hunter..don't drop the soap with Loco about.

Locowar
11-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Moral of the story?

If you are a NE female hunter..don't drop the soap with Loco about.
Fixed. :wink:

Kathra
11-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Loco, whats the sig all about

o_O

Locowar
11-12-2005, 06:43 PM
My quest for farming DK's have begun!
already lost a rank. w00t

Tyra
15-12-2005, 08:43 PM
So where's the real one?

He's working, mate :P

Tyra
15-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Came to think of it. You say Bergrar is a really sucky hunter. Well then listen please...

Happened a long time ago. I dueled Tsarina, he was Field Marshal, I was Sergeant Major or something. My gear was pure crap, really amazingly bad, I had 3000 hp, 260 agi! My dps was BELOW 130 and I was pretty new in PvP. Btw, my crit chance was incredibly low, less than 8%... no, that was not with ranged, but still. We dueled, I lost, but damn, one more crit and he'd have been dead... Tsarina must have had more than 50% more hp than me, way higher dps, crit, dodge and mana. And I wouldn't call myself skilled at that time, and anyway I almost won. In other words, not good. Sounds a bit like your description of Bergrar?

Ashborn
15-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Hunter vs hunter duels mean shit.

Tyra
15-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Came to think of it. You say Bergrar is a really sucky hunter. Well then listen please...

Happened a long time ago. I dueled Tsarina, he was Field Marshal, I was Sergeant Major or something. My gear was pure crap, really amazingly bad, I had 3000 hp, 260 agi! My dps was BELOW 130 and I was pretty new in PvP. Btw, my crit chance was incredibly low, less than 8%... no, that was not with ranged, but still. We dueled, I lost, but damn, one more crit and he'd have been dead... Tsarina must have had more than 50% more hp than me, way higher dps, crit, dodge and mana. And I wouldn't call myself skilled at that time, and anyway I almost won. In other words, not good. Sounds a bit like your description of Bergrar?

But when the one is well epic geared and the other has more greens than blues?

Ashborn
15-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Even then. Besides, it's one duel. Tsarina duels without pet or traps, and I've known him to let his daughter play his char. You can't base anything on one encounter.

(Incidentally, this part of the reason I don't like duels. Get enough of a rep, and you can't fuck up once or fuck around or try new tactics or anything, 'cos you'll get silly amounts of flak for losing once or twice. /sigh)

Tyra
15-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Even then. Besides, it's one duel. Tsarina duels without pet or traps, and I've known him to let his daughter play his char. You can't base anything on one encounter.

(Incidentally, this part of the reason I don't like duels. Get enough of a rep, and you can't fuck up once or fuck around or try new tactics or anything, 'cos you'll get silly amounts of flak for losing once or twice. /sigh)

I also thought of not writing it, but then I remembered that just about everyone on this forum would defend him anyway, so I did it. Anyways, forget it, I just think it's wierd that half the threads on the PvP forum end up with people saying "Berg sucks, he's a fekking nub" etc...

Gruze
15-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I also thought of not writing it, but then I remembered that just about everyone on this forum would defend him anyway, so I did it. Anyways, forget it, I just think it's wierd that half the threads on the PvP forum end up with people saying "Berg sucks, he's a fekking nub" etc...

Well berg aint good imo, and hunter vs hunter, doesnt matter what hunter it is really means nothing at all.

Narf
18-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Huntah powah!