View Full Version : Shaman Professions

Bren
01-12-2005, 12:50 PM
What professions would be best for my Shaman? My shaman will be mainly used for PvE. I had thought of taking Skinning and Leatherworking to save me having to buy armour and make some cash selling leather items.

But would Alchemy and Herbalism be better or would Enchanting be worth doing?

What do my fellow Shamans here use, and does anyone have any other suggestions?

Ashborn
01-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Engineering, always and forever.

(Disclaimer: not a shammy.)

Ruargh
01-12-2005, 01:24 PM
i was LW for a while but its a total bore so i switched to engi never regretted it :D
engineering is the most fun prof around by far ^^

but i think LW and alch are the most usefull ones on a shammy... maybe wait for jewel crafting :lol: :wink:

Uzgash
01-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Skinning and leatherworking is great for shamans. You will be able to make your own armor. Items made with leatherworking are hard to sell. The best thing is to sell the leather. Very good for PVE.

Alchemy is good too and probably better if you want to make some cash. Shamans use a lot of mana so being able to make your own mana pots is nice. Good for PVE and PVP.

You can make some fun and useful toys with engineering. Like the Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector, Discombobulator Ray and bombs with stun effect. Useful for PVE very good for PVP.

I have Enchanting. It's a pain to level up an you will not earn any gold at all before level 300. If I would roll another shammy i would most likely gor for Engineering. Maybe Alchemy.

XeD
03-12-2005, 07:27 PM
well

i was tailor/enchanter from the start (dunno why but i liked the feel of enchanting)
@ 300 i quited tailor (no more good enchantingmats to get with low materials) and then switched to mining

so i now get arcane crystals.. AND phat cash cuz i'm one of the best and completest horde enchanters (afaik most complete)

Exitlight
16-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Hail!

I myself am a Skinner and Dragonscale Leatherworker, I prefer to make my own armor because Dragonscale items are just quite expensive to buy :P

Cassina
16-01-2006, 01:11 PM
I took up mining/eng - good fun, also I had the schematics for the Arcanite Dragon pet drop for me last night in Winterspring. :)

Bren
16-01-2006, 02:14 PM
i was tailor/enchanter from the start (dunno why but i liked the feel of enchanting)
@ 300 i quited tailor (no more good enchantingmats to get with low materials) and then switched to mining

At what stage can you Switch professions, and how is it done?

Ashborn
16-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Go to your skills tab, select profession in question, click the red button in the lower part of the screen that says 'Unlearn this profession' on the tooltip. Only works with primary professions, since those are the only ones there's any point in unlearning. After that you just learn another profession like usual.