View Full Version : Nice...

Jurgan
28-11-2005, 05:25 PM
... job Blizz on normalising hunter pet speeds.

http://files.filefront.com/HunterPetsavi/;4395309;;/fileinfo.html

Ashborn
28-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Pwnt.

Cassina
28-11-2005, 06:15 PM
My hunter (21) is using Takk as a pet also - he's unstoppable at chasing flag runners in WSG, but after 1.9 he's gonna suck. :(

TheFallen
28-11-2005, 06:34 PM
... *sigh* :?

k, BM could have been nerfed a litle, wich in a way did, but this... This is just stupid :?

Go bobo! attack the target! *50seconds later* Well done boy, you reached it now kill it!

Harr
28-11-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm sure all the clothies (and leather wearers) are crying ;)

NOT! ;)

Rukia
28-11-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm hoping this won't all go live. A BW nerf on top of the retarded pet speed with the flare change is just too much. BW may have needed toning down, but the damage is hardly going to matter now with the ridiculous way they've made pet attacks. They need to stop before even hitting according to reports which results in a much reduced dps. If my comp hadn't slightly blown up I'd be on the test server right now :/

But it looks like it's going to be....bye BM. Hello Surv.

Harr
28-11-2005, 06:51 PM
But seriously, doesn't that rightly force to use certain kind of pets for chasing people/mobs ("cats") with that dash (or whatever its called) now instead of just "fire & forget"... forcing you actually play your class instead letting your pet do all.

Abberare
28-11-2005, 07:56 PM
What's this? A hunter nerf? :D Can't see it making that much difference tbh, you can't run all the time. As long as they fixed the whole 'set pet on rogue - rogue stealths - pet still gets to the rogue, attacks and unstealths it.' deal as well... grmbl

Rukia
28-11-2005, 08:23 PM
But seriously, doesn't that rightly force to use certain kind of pets for chasing people/mobs ("cats") with that dash (or whatever its called) now instead of just "fire & forget"... forcing you actually play your class instead letting your pet do all.

No, what it does is make the point of Beast Mastery - having a pet to deal a fair bit of damage and be a focus for a talent tree - rather redundant. (For pvp anyway, which is all I care about :P) As for the other point, I often hear this...why, exactly, is it not playing the hunter class to use the pet to attack? It's a part of our class, a part of our damage, so I don't see why there's this whole bullshit 'play your class'. Using pets IS playing the hunter class. Any smart player obviously won't sit there, do nothing, and just let the pet run around. BM or no, a hunter's ranged attack has more dps than any pet. A hunter relying purely on the pet wouldn't last long in pvp. They'd be dead very quickly.

Karadros
28-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Can someone just tell me what's in that file? CBA to download it.

Ashborn
28-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Some hunter sending his pet after a shammy who keeps running in circles around him (not in travelform), the pet never reaching him.

Khalam
28-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Some hunter sending his pet after a shammy who keeps running in circles around him (not in travelform), the pet never reaching him.

Well thats a bug. BW deserved a nerf anyway, everyone saw it coming.

Tsarina
28-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Being soloed by enraged pets as priest and being survival specced as hunter, I'm happy.

Rukia
28-11-2005, 10:24 PM
You traitor, Tsa...you were BM once! :razz:

The BW nerf was needed. So long as they sort the run speed, I'm pretty sure there won't be any fuss about BW. Still...Survivalist, Killer Instinct, Lightning Reflexes...yeah, they're looking a lot more appealing now.

Rey
29-11-2005, 01:15 AM
r00kia!!!!

and nerf hunter pets

Locowar
29-11-2005, 01:39 AM
PWNT! no more imba pets for j00.

Tyra
29-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Lol?

What use will we have of our pets now? My ZG bat with dive will probably not even be able to catch up with an epic mount anymore -.-

Ashborn
29-11-2005, 01:28 PM
My ZG bat with dive will probably not even be able to catch up with an epic mount anymore -.-
And why should it be able to?

Tyra
29-11-2005, 01:39 PM
My ZG bat with dive will probably not even be able to catch up with an epic mount anymore -.-

Because that's how fast it normally is without dive.. so thought it would be slowed down to something around that. :p

Locowar
29-11-2005, 01:46 PM
"Goombah woombah gobble dee du, life isn't fair, it's sad but it's true!" =P

TheFallen
29-11-2005, 03:32 PM

somehow gotta agree with this..

That was just way to fast, however now it's far to slow

Tyra
29-11-2005, 07:13 PM

Traitor! :shock:

Well, I spent so long time getting it, even hided from BG... sigh, farewell wonderful speed :(

TheFallen
29-11-2005, 07:26 PM

Traitor! :shock:

Well, I spent so long time getting it, even hided from BG... sigh, farewell wonderful speed :(

Just being honest and looking at things from both ways.

on a sidenote

TBH, i never had any problem at all with the hunter class, only after the hunter love patch...Ppl yelling nerf hunter, overpowered hunters, kinda took away the challenge... :(

Kathra
29-11-2005, 07:32 PM
they'd better not nerf pet speed, im loving the accel atm and im not even BM spec

Rey
30-11-2005, 10:39 AM
I was yelling nerf hunters before the patch (and after)!!

Tyra
01-12-2005, 09:05 PM
they'd better not nerf pet speed, im loving the accel atm and im not even BM spec

Agree 8)

Vorian
19-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Well this kinda makes the need for loads of pets redundant then. Personally i preferredhunters b4 the patch that changed BM, have always been MM specced (Which got nerfed in that patch I do miss my crits).

I actually thought that having pets of different speeds was a good idea and it made it more of a choice on what pets u chose to use.

I n reply o Ashen's why should pets be albe to run that fast, u heard th latest lock nerf then , "succi's cant seduce" :lol: . Sorry but that always seemed the point in having a fast pet in any of th bg's was to catch ppl and slow them down.

Ashborn
19-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Sorry but that always seemed the point in having a fast pet in any of th bg's was to catch ppl and slow them down.
Obviously, yes, but a pet that can outrun an epic mount *without* using dive/dash is rather excessive.