View Full Version : Some 1.9 changes=)

Locowar
17-11-2005, 09:24 PM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=5832290&p=1&tmp=1#post5832290
While we're not ready to reveal the improvements being made to the upcoming Paladin's talents just yet, I wanted to give each of you a sneak preview of some of things you can expect from the next patch in addition to the talent revamp. The minor details are as follow:

The range on 'Judgment' will be increased. In addition, both the cooldown and mana cost will be lowered.

Both Exorcism and Holy Wrath will be usable on Demon targets in addition to Undead targets.

The mana cost will be reduced for both the summoned Warhorse and Charger.

The missile speed of the flying hammer for the spell 'Hammer of Wrath' will be increased.

We're also adding raid versions for five of the Paladin's blessings. These new raid version blessings will last for fifteen minutes, and allow the Paladin the means to buff every player of a given class in the raid by selecting only one. These blessings will be available at your class trainer and the only prerequisite is the final rank (talent point where applicable) of the Blessing.

Blessing of Sanctuary

Blessing of Kings

Blessing of Might

Blessing of Wisdom

Blessing of Salvation

We're also adding a new spell 'Righteous Fury' to replace the Seal and Judgment of Fury. This spell, first available at level 16 is a self buff which will last for 30 minutes and substantially increases the threat generated by all Paladin Holy attacks, in turn allowing the player to focus on Seals which provide greater DPS as this buff works in conjunction with all other buff effects.

Please note that these are only a few of the changes slated for the next patch, and more will be announced shortly - including the talent calculator preview which will debut the three improved talent trees.
w00tah.

killhim
17-11-2005, 10:00 PM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=5832290&p=1&tmp=1#post5832290
While we're not ready to reveal the improvements being made to the upcoming Paladin's talents just yet, I wanted to give each of you a sneak preview of some of things you can expect from the next patch in addition to the talent revamp. The minor details are as follow:

The range on 'Judgment' will be increased. In addition, both the cooldown and mana cost will be lowered.

Both Exorcism and Holy Wrath will be usable on Demon targets in addition to Undead targets.

The mana cost will be reduced for both the summoned Warhorse and Charger.

The missile speed of the flying hammer for the spell 'Hammer of Wrath' will be increased.

We're also adding raid versions for five of the Paladin's blessings. These new raid version blessings will last for fifteen minutes, and allow the Paladin the means to buff every player of a given class in the raid by selecting only one. These blessings will be available at your class trainer and the only prerequisite is the final rank (talent point where applicable) of the Blessing.

Blessing of Sanctuary

Blessing of Kings

Blessing of Might

Blessing of Wisdom

Blessing of Salvation

We're also adding a new spell 'Righteous Fury' to replace the Seal and Judgment of Fury. This spell, first available at level 16 is a self buff which will last for 30 minutes and substantially increases the threat generated by all Paladin Holy attacks, in turn allowing the player to focus on Seals which provide greater DPS as this buff works in conjunction with all other buff effects.

Please note that these are only a few of the changes slated for the next patch, and more will be announced shortly - including the talent calculator preview which will debut the three improved talent trees.
w00tah.

was thinking too post this, but you have allready done it :)
but the best ting with paly is, they are Alliance only.
so no cake on horde here :P

Alakhai
17-11-2005, 10:45 PM
well. the raidbuffs will be really nice i must say

Sethanon
17-11-2005, 10:55 PM
still nothing changed about stupid seal system it seems and we didnt get back strikes : /
ah well this is a small part i hope =] there is still hope

Chonar
17-11-2005, 11:38 PM
still nothing changed about stupid seal system it seems and we didnt get back strikes : /

... You really want to get something like "holy charge" or "divine intercept" too, hmm?

Maybe even something called "Mortal Slam"?

>:{

Sethanon
17-11-2005, 11:57 PM
D0rf Slam sounds good tho =]
but really these are just minor changes (as they said themselves) the big ones are yet to be revealed.
we still dont got any controlled dps (showing from these notes)
only thing i can get excited about from this are the 15min buffs ! =]

Jurgan
17-11-2005, 11:59 PM
GET RID OF HAMMER OF WRATH FFS!

*seethes*

Celinde
18-11-2005, 06:38 AM

... You really want to get something like "holy charge" or "divine intercept" too, hmm?

Maybe even something called "Mortal Slam"?

>:{

1. Immortal Strike

2. Holy Charge

3 Shield Bash

4. Whirlwind of Reckoning

those plx :D

Rey
18-11-2005, 08:51 AM
bet they'll make spammer of justice 5sec cd

loladins need to stunlock too

Khalam
18-11-2005, 10:18 AM
bet they'll make spammer of justice 5sec cd

loladins need to stunlock too

Oh they already do. Spammer of justice + repetancet. Hope they fix reckoning btw. =P

Bleetman
18-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Hammer of Justice lasts 6 seconds. A 5 second cooldown would be great. Something like shield bash would be useful, or at least something that could break spells reliably. Seal of Justice ain't all that.

Raid buffs sound great, but the Exorcism working against demons was what suprised me. I'll give it a month before it's removed due to whining warlocks.

Bumbak
18-11-2005, 01:50 PM
yeah lets pwn some succus while we can!!

JeFF
18-11-2005, 03:29 PM
How much does a lvl60 warlock imp have health btw? :P

Tykill
18-11-2005, 04:56 PM
oh yeh here is the changes!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Vimmy/paladinpatch2.jpg

Bleetman
19-11-2005, 01:11 AM
/clap

That made me laugh more than it has any right to. I'm probably drugged up on coffee from late night AV. Bah.

I hope they implement some sort of crusader strike thing that the scarlet crusade mobs use. So much easier than messing around with seals and judgment, then doing it again after 30 seconds.

Ashborn
19-11-2005, 10:49 AM
So much easier than messing around with seals and judgment, then doing it again after 30 seconds.
Lemme get this straight. Most paladins complain about non-interactive combat, and you want it made *easier*?

Bleetman
19-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Not exactly, but I do think having to cast 3 spells to achieve one effect is pointlessly complicated, when the same thing is achieved by a dependable strike. And yeh, I'm lazy.

Ashborn
19-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Roll a mage. Then you'll just have to spam one button over and over again.

Egminos
19-11-2005, 06:07 PM
/cast Conjure Water(Rank 7)

Orad
19-11-2005, 09:00 PM
I hope they implement some sort of crusader strike thing

Re implement techincally(look at the patch 1.1 notes)

Tyra
29-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Improved SoR 4/5 + Judgement with SoR rank 6 = teh win :p